A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Please help! PHP Video question.

Please help! PHP Video question.

Hi, I am new to Flash and am having some programmers do my site, but they don't seem to get it.

I have several flash videos (.flv) on my site that get called into a flash player via PHP using the code below so that it will play several different flash movies of diff. resolutions and sizes called in with a php token.

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="flvplayer.swf?&file=uploads/flv/<?=$res['FileName']?>.flv" width="<?=$res['width']*2;?>" height="<?=$res['height']*2+22;?>" wmode="transparent"><param name="movie" value="flvplayer.swf?autoStart=false&file=uploads/flv/<?=$res['FileName']?>.flv" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>

The problem is, that the player "flvplayer.swv" the programmers are using is lame. I figured out how to create a player in Flash 8 with a much better looking skin and I can change the parameters, etc. but just exporting that player and uploading it isn't working because in Flash you tell it which file to use, etc. How can I use that skin/player, but let my PHP script tell it which file to actually play per the example above?

Please help me figure it out as my programmers refuse to. Thanks so much for your help.

Judge S.

Long time no see.
    this should be really easy, your new player just needs to pick up the variables that you are passing in such as autoStart and file and use those to decide if and what to play...

stoem

Why not post your FLV player source. Should be easy to fix it up.