A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I want to buy Flash 8...but...

Question I want to buy Flash 8...but...

Ok... Here's the problem. I want to buy Flash 8 Professional (cheap ) , but where?

Here are MY options:

1. Get it from E-Bay (like here )
    2. Get it from a website (here )

I know they have their advantages or disadvantages. But I really need to get a cheap price and these are one of the best ones. I went when I saw the price of Flash 8 (I was actually looking at the upgrade price).

Why am I going so cheap?
    Well I'm still a student and my parents don't want to spend a LOT of money (I don't have a job yet).

Ebay advantages/disadvantages:
    Cheap
    Might be illegal (pirated)
    It's a bid

Website advantages/disadvantages:
    Costs a little more
    CD-Only (I don't really care about this)
    Legal

I don't want the Academic version!
    I plan on making money from Flash.
    Last edited by xanic; 04-25-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional information.

I'm kinda in a hurry because the E-Bay bidding is almost at the end. I have more than a day to decide.

I'd say don't risk the chance of it being pirated (from ebay) either way, especially if you're going to use it commercially.

Always Without Crutches!
    Quote Originally Posted by xanic
    Why am I going so cheap?
    Well I'm still a student and my parents don't want to spend a LOT of money (I don't have a job yet).
    In that case cut out all your worries and go straight to the source! I know in Europe and the US Macromedia offer a student discount on their products...which also means if you've got a student software store on Campus (assuming you're at Uni) then you'll be able to pick up a copy on the cheap there too!

www.macromedia.com

That's a link to the North American online student store where you can get a full copy of Flash 8 pro for a startling $249!!! Madness!

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBobBongo
    In that case cut out all your worries and go straight to the source! I know in Europe and the US Macromedia offer a student discount on their products...which also means if you've got a student software store on Campus (assuming you're at Uni) then you'll be able to pick up a copy on the cheap there too!

www.macromedia.com

That's a link to the North American online student store where you can get a full copy of Flash 8 pro for a startling $249!!! Madness!

Hope this helps!
    Those are the academic versions. Those are only for learning purposes and not commercial. So I can't get that. I wanted to get SWiSH but why not get the best flash software instead of the OK one.