A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3DFA Paint Option

3DFA Paint Option

I'm building simple objects with paint elements. I can get everything I want except smooth edges. I am not using the border lines because I'm using gradient fill. Can anyone out there help me smooth the edges?

Barney1121

I think it would be a good idea if you ZIP up your movie and any supporting files and upload it to the forum so we can get a better understanding of what your trying to do.

Per ppdez request attached is a zip containing 2 files. One is the raw bitmap file created with 3DFA. The second is the exported jpg file. I'm using the jpg file in a Web page. When you look at the image, you will see jagged edges. My question is how do I smooth the edges of the image?

Barney1121
    Attached Files Attached Files

To my knowlege 3DFA doesn't offer any smoothing tools for bitmaps. There are some smoothing options if you use the Paint object.

I would suggest using a 3rd party program to do your smoothing then you can import the result into 3DFA.

Sorry but 3DFA is mainly for flash development not image editing.

Thanks. I've been testing the limits of 3DFA as compared to Flash MX. I teach Web Authoring and like to be able to suggest economical alternatives to more expensive options. 3DFA is good, but has some inconvenient deficiencies. Hopefully, these will be taken care of over time because the product is easy to use.