A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help loading external images...

Need help loading external images...

Hello I am working on mywebsite and I am trying to create several little thumbnails that grow and shrink as you mouse over them and then when you click a new window opens with the full size image. I have all the animation working fine but I am have a really tough time loading the external jpgs into the movie clips. I am trying to keep the file size to a minimum, thats why I'd rather load all the thumbnails externally instead of importing them. Any suggestions? Plus how would I handle opening the new window with the full size image after they click a thumbnail?

Ok, I figured a way to import the thumb nails so they don't make the file size too large. But I am still having trouble with the pop-up window for the full sized image.

This should work

hey,

I have not used one of these for a while but i am pretty sure this is right

Code:
    on(release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('http://audiomaniac.co.uk/wh/pic112j.swf','newWin','width=800,height=600,left  =240,top=170,toolbar=No,location=No,scrollbars=No  ,status=No,resizable=No,fullscreen=No');  NewWindow.focus();      void(0);");
    }
    Obviously change the path to the file you want to open and the dimensions etc, this basically opens a java pop up window.

I dunno if that will help but it sounds like it might

Ryan