A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Crashing Hard

Flash Crashing Hard

Last edited by fetusface; 10-18-2011 at 11:52 PM.

mmm try clicking Ctrl + ENTER

then just go to the folder the .fla file is saved in and you'll see a .swf file there.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

when I go to test it it does the same thing just crashes and closes itself.

Try closing all other programs. Also, press ctrl+alt+delete, and, on the processes tab, end all unnecessary programs, even windows explorer. Then try publishing.

If that doesn't work, well, I don't know what to do.
    I had a similar problem a while back. I ended up publishing every scene separately.

i just tried by doing a fresh restart and ending all tasks. It still crashes in the exact same manner. Its really frustrating how my project is only a web site the fla is only 20 megs and yet flash doesnt even want to try it just crashes instead of at least chuggin away like most programs would do.

thanks for all your help so far everyone

flashguy
    Hey fetusface,

Why instead to have it all packed in the same movie, dont you try a layered application and go loading the scenes externally with loadMovieNum?

im not exactly sure how to do that.......but im sure that it wont work since i cant even preview one scene without it crashing.

kk what is the main files that are the biggest? Try importing them again.

You cant have a 20mb movie with nothing but animation in it ...

I got a 21mb movie once, it exported nicely, though it took me like hours to get the sound-track in and all the images.
    When you actually know what "OMG I have so much homework!" means, you won't want to be me.
    Xrave

Last edited by fetusface; 10-18-2011 at 11:53 PM.

That's good...

Well now i seen it.. I think its quite foolish to put all the scenes into one movie - why don't you just break the scenes apart and then make website links? that way it breaks them up to 300kb sommat each.
    Xrave

Even if scenes aren't your problem, it might be that you have script that is lagging your comp.
    The corners have eyes!!!

do scripts matter in flash? I thought it only matters after its exported or in TEST.
    Xrave

hmm thats a good point i tried debugging the file but it crashes in the same manner. Its my first time making a site entirely in flash im guessing I should have broken it up into scenes with seperate html files.

if i uploaded the .fla file in the next 2 days would one of you like to take a crack at rendering it out for me?

thanks again ,