A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound Control and Scenes- HELP!

Sound Control and Scenes- HELP!

I have looked through tons of tutorials but can't find the right answer to my little problem. I am working in Flash 8

I have a large flash document with about 20 scenes in it. On the Main scene I want to play some music until the animation runs. However if a user clicks the nav to get to another scene before the animation is done running i want the sound to stop. I only want that sound to play when the user is on that scene and that scene only. The problem is that a stopallsounds() command on the other scenes doesnt help me because i have different sounds on each scene. So putting a stopallsounds() command isnt the answer. I tried adding a play/stop toggle but that doesnt stop it from playing if you change scenes. That only allows the user to control it on that first scene where the toggle is.

This is driving me nuts. Do i create the sound as an external SWF and do a loadmovie on the scene i want it to play? But then how i stop it from playing when the user clicks to another scene? is there an unloadmovie command i can use?

Please help! I have been working for hours on this with no real success.

Thanks.
    Lauren

are you able to stop the specific sound when the use skips a scene... before the code to skip is processed.

on(press){
    stop your sound
    goto next scene
    }

I have not seen that code before. Do i put it on all navigation in order to stop the previous sounds?

yesterday i tried an attachmovie and a removeMovieClip code and that didnt work... ugh.

I think i finally got this figured out thanks to one of those tutorials above. That site is awesome.