A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: highlight around flash movie

highlight around flash movie

This is driving me nuts . Clients are starting to complain about having a highlight around flash movies when they rollover the movie itself. It kinda looks like a image map highlight. They then have to click on the movie before it becomes interactive. Its only recently. How do it get around this????

Is this some crap windows update??

Any help greatly greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    MJ

Sorry guys i found stuff on the forum about this subject. Crumbs why can't nerds keep things consistent.

What really gets me is i'm going to have to update hundreds of sites. Thanks Bill and company

Primitive Intellect
    I have experienced this as well, where did you find information on how to correct it?

Guys,
    this is to do with the legal battle between mircosoft and some programmer guy from way back when, apparently he patented active x controls in internet explorer.
    Suposedly it was patented to automatically insert active x controls.

So microsoft lost, and paid him out millions and millions of dollards.
    So now as we see it today, they need to promp users to activate the active x controls!! stupid eh?

anyway, there is a Javascript workaround - google it.
    Or
    Check out www.beerwinespirits.com.au - this has the fix attached.
    Cheers,
    Aden.

Don't blame Uncle Bill. Every browser out there is using the same active x crap. But Bill is the only one people pick on. If it weren't for him, we'd still be on apples with little green screens. Well, you would, I wouldn't bother. So give him a break, heh?

There are stickies in both the General and Newbies forums. Read them for fixes to Dreeamweaver and Flash, and other free fixes.

I'm all for uncle bill! Whith out him, i wouldnt have a job - right?
    Thanks for the link to the stickies. Should be a nice fast link to post up for people now...

Banned
    Ull notice alot of flash developers incorporate 'Play' buttons and etc to Force the user to click into the window, this has been constant since the beginning days of flash.

I'll tell you what i cant stand, When you visit a website they have about 5 400x100 flash banner advertisements that LAG the 500x400 flash document so much that you have to CTRL-ALT-DEL the browser to get it to stop taking 100% resources.

Cheers -LohTek
    Last edited by LohTek; 08-21-2006 at 09:26 AM.