A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dreamweaver update seems to take care of IE problem with embedded Flash

Hybrid View

Dreamweaver update seems to take care of IE problem with embedded Flash

I know this is a Flash forum, but this does relate to those who use Dreamweaver to build their sites with embedded Flash. There is now an update patch from Adobe/Macromedia (Dreamweaver patch 8.02) that automatically writes the javascript and puts it in a Script folder for you. So if you have Dreamweaver 8, I recommend this patch.

Dreamweaver update patch 8.02

If you don't have Dreamweaver 8, then I can recommend a couple of utilities I have tested. One is: FSR

The other is: Object Activator

The Dreamweaver patch won't work for the flash slideshow component that uses an xml variable in the object code.

Does the FSR or Activate Object software work for this or is this one of those things that just requires good ol' fashioned "hands-on" coding?

I assume FSR works for it, cause all it does is add one line in the head tag for the src of the js file. Haven't tried it though, cause it has it's own problems. The new one I mean. It writes some if and endif comment tags around it that just comment out the whole line of src code, so you have to go in by hand and fix every one of them anyway.