A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Round rectangle from illustrator

Round rectangle from illustrator

I have made a simple round rectangle in Illustrator that I'm trying to import to Swift, but after import the round corners are gone.

I have also tried making a rounded rectangle in the Extrusion Editor - the only problem is that the corners are too rounded and editing them is a pain in the ***

Any ideas ?

Strange that the corners are gone via the *.ai/*.eps import. You might want to drop outlines to make sure.

Anyway, making a rounded rectangle within Swift3D is pretty darn easy... make a rectangle, place some points equidistant from the corner vertex, delete the corner vertex leaving what looks like a "notched" corner, and then round that corner using the Bezier path tools... just like you would if you were making it the "hard way" - I remember when Illustrator/CorelDRAW didn't have rounded corners for rectangles! - and wanted to control the radius of the corner a bit more precise.

Hope that helps... but I still find it odd that you're creating corners in Illustrator but they're dropping within Swift.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Thanks gerbick

I just tried imoporting an .ai again because you said you didn't understand aswell.
    The reason it didn't work before was that i had a gradient on the .ai rectangle.
    Just maing it plain black did the trick.

Thank you