A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: No options for cuepoint type?

No options for cuepoint type?

I've been reading the threads on cuepoints, very helpful. I have a problem I'm not seeing though. I have imported an flv file encoded from Adobe After Effects. I want to embed cuepoint, so I select the video on the stage, open the parameters inspector, open the cuepoints inspector, and add a cuepoint. New Cue Point appears and all looks well but I cannot change the type. It only displays ActionScript. No drop down like it should. ? Is the only way to embed cuepoints with full options available on the interface, to import through flash and set cuepoints on import? Must I do mine in Actionscript because I am encoding the FLV in After Effects?

Thanks.

[ BUMP ] Someone's gotta be using cuepoints....what's the dilly guys?

Using Macromedia's tools the only way to embed event or navigation cue points is at encoding time, not afterward. If you're using the Flash Video encoder you can add them in that interface. Any cue points you embed after encoding will be Actionscript cue points.

One tool I've recently been using is Captionate, which lets you add Navigation and Event cue points after encoding. It's $60.