A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: shopping cart

shopping cart

Despite my best efforts, I am going to have to put up an online shopping cart and am looking for suggestions, recommendations and don'ts.

Well, does your host have any packages included? You'll need encryption and an SSL certificate.

Also don't forget the merchant who'll handle your credit cards, I don't know enough of them to suggest, but from the research I've done, paypal seems to be a good alternative to getting all the other bits done.

Consider WorldPay too. If you would prefer to to make it all inhouse, then consider speaking to your bank about getting an IMA but this is not easy to implement.

There are other options like securehosting.com and some others that I forgot but there are several threads already covering this topic that may help.

Already have the merchant account. Host offers OS Commerce. I played with it for a bit, and it seems to be a bit of a pain to customize the look. I was hoping to find something a bit more user-friendly.

ah I see. Sorry I misread your post. I am guessing that you are using PHP [not too familar with PHP] but you may find this useful.

Cheers for that Tony, i'm trying to build a cart now
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

That is a very nice clean site with the shopping cart code. Unfortunately, I am way behind the curve on PHP and MySQL, so I will probably have to use something off the shelf. But thanks for the info!