A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: loading in and out external swf's

Ok, post your fla.

But you will have to further describe "outro", I don't think I've ever heard that before (I though it just meant "exit").
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

outro is just what I refer to as the animation at the end of the movie that plays out before the other external movies load in. the actual start of the outro anim I've marked as 'exit' at frame 88 of this attached movie.

sorry I can see how this is confusing, not very clear!

attached is the fla
    Attached Files Attached Files

well, what confuses me is the way you refer to it as the "animation at the end of the movie".

I will look into it further this afternoon, during my studying break. I'm sorry I don't have much time off

thats cool dude, thanks for your help
    what you studying dude, sounds heavy!

I'm graduating in Industrial Design at what was the only university in such field, until 2 years ago, in Italy.

It's all BS. I have to study hundreds of pages (nearly thousands) about innovation dynamics. It appears pretty clear to me how innovations are born, grow and diffuse. No need to study what tens of researchers have said erroneously....
    They were probably just stupid...

Maybe I'm not normal... I just can't understand what's all the fuss. Ok, innovations are generated from the interaction of a variety of factors on different levels (social, political, economical, technical etc...), and is not just the application of scientific knowledge... that's easy!

What the hell...

yep, that sounds heavy...good luck dude hope it all goes swimmingly for ya. sounds lke ya might need the headache pills more than me

so I understand that you want the interface of the main movie to adapt, through animation, to recieve the external clip. is that right? (this means that the animation is executed only ONE time, the first time you load an external movie).

if this is the case, just sit down and look at the timeline. your solution is no good for a simple reason. you tell me why.

in the mean time think about putting the animated graphics of the interface inside a movieclip, that can be controlled by the main timeline.

Basically a good solution is the following:
    the main timeline has only 1 frame.
    there are 2 movieclips for the interface graphics:
    1) a movieclip containing the menu (which can have an introductory animation);
    2) a movieclip containing the page graphics (with a series of animations for initial animation and "outro" animation", the control points of which will be keyframes with specific names);

let me know where you can get, send me your fla, and I will point the goods and bads.

cheers dude, am on it, can feel the headaches already ; )

ok dude

this is what I've done

1.created to movieclips one called 'menu' the other 'graphics
    2. cleared the main timeline and dropped the two movieclips on, on layer 1 + 2

I have the animations for the intro and outro bits all in 'graphics' movieclip!

so I guess next step is first to get the external movies loading in again as they don't seem to now I've made these changes, AAARRRGGGGHH! Then some kind of 'tell Target' script to play exit frame(the outro anim)in movieclip 'graphics' before loading in the externals

have a look at the fla attaced.
    folder includes navigation.fla, movie1.swf, movie2.swf

this tellTarget seems to work, but I still can't seem to get the externals to load now???

I put this on the buttons:

on(release) {

tellTarget ("/graphics") {
    if (Number(_currentframe) == 25) {
    play();
    }
    }
    initMovieLoad('technology.swf');
    }

so, we're saying if at frame 25 of 'graphics' timeline(the movieclip) then play the rest of the timeline. this will then play out the timeline and stop at the end(as I put a 'stop' action) leaving the bottom line still visable.

is this the correct way to continue??

hey dude

I did it, the problem was that when I was cleaning up the timeline, I deleted the container frame so the script was looking for the container but it wasn't there, doh!

will send you fla in a mo!

sorry 2 bother ya dude, I know your busy attached is the fla, also with swf's for an example!

using the telltarget seems to of done it, let me know if this is a good way of solving the problem, si it what were thinking???

only thing with this way is that it doesn't play to the end of the outro animation before the externals load in??? mmmhhhh! any thoughts?