A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: RSS Reader FLA

RSS Reader FLA

Does anyone know or have the FLA file for RSS reader ? want to check out how it's made

found this! http://marshmallowpie.kicks-ass.net/...totypeNew.html
    looks very cool

thanks
    Last edited by socreative.tv; 06-14-2006 at 01:14 PM.

I can't see what that site is like...it's asking me for login. Either way it's simply a matter of referencing xml nodes within flash. You load the xml file from the server, and assign text boxes with the node values.
    The corners have eyes!!!

test login is guest
    pass: guest

Yeah...that's a pretty simple concept, but it takes a lot of planning and coding.

You have to categorize your xml documents.
    In flash, you would load the list of master rss feed documents (i.e Sports, International, etc).
    That would be done with a "for" loop...or something along those lines. The feed xml documents would be loaded into movie clips that are called from the library.
    From then on you would load whatever information is in the selected rss document...using node references.
    The corners have eyes!!!

I know how to work with XML a bit. I don't know the structure of the rss feed xml file though. Do you have a FLA file of working rss reader? I'm sure it's nothing complicated I just don't know where to start

Besides that, RSS is just an xml file...so it's only a matter of how many childNodes you have to reference to get to the data you want.
    The corners have eyes!!!