A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 06

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    I'd be in if it were a pay league. I didnt pay attention to our FK league last year because it was free...and if i recall correctly, only Indivision, silver, and I were at the draft.
    im going to start a pay league if you're interested. just going to wait until its a little closer to the season to set it up (August).

ok, when's the draft??????!?!?!?!??! Football's already on TV...let's get this goin.

ill set the draft for whenever you want.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

some time next week probably around the 8pm or 9pm EST range would work for me.

wedneday at 7:15pm alright?

We still need more people 6 people have joined, markp has been invited.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    wedneday at 7:15pm alright?

We still need more people 6 people have joined, markp has been invited.
    Shoot...wednesday's no good....golf league...tuesday would be find

i cant do tuesday or thursday
    but ill just pre-rank, and maby show up twords the end

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Let's do this on a day that we can get the most people "live" for the draft...

how about monday 7:15

ok this is somewhat unrelated to this exact thread but I didn't want to start a new one. If anyone cares to answer it would be helpful. I am going to play FF for the first time this year, and the league I got invited too is very competitive - these guys eat, breath, and sleep NFL, so needless to say I don't want to look like a complete idiot and want to make sure I'm picking the right guys in the draft. I haven't been paying much attention to NFL for the past few years so I'm not really in the loop as to who people will be picking.

The draft order has been set and I am #4. Question is...who should I pick first? Do I go for a QB or RB or a top defensiveman like Champ Bailey or Ray Lewis etc..?
    What order should I pick my squad? Who will be your #1 picks and how exactly do you prepare for the draft? Do you have a list of guys in each position that you ideally want and then as they are drafted by other players, you choose your backups? Any advice for me would be appreciated thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    how about monday 7:15
    that's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    ok this is somewhat unrelated to this exact thread but I didn't want to start a new one. If anyone cares to answer it would be helpful. I am going to play FF for the first time this year, and the league I got invited too is very competitive - these guys eat, breath, and sleep NFL, so needless to say I don't want to look like a complete idiot and want to make sure I'm picking the right guys in the draft. I haven't been paying much attention to NFL for the past few years so I'm not really in the loop as to who people will be picking.

The draft order has been set and I am #4. Question is...who should I pick first? Do I go for a QB or RB or a top defensiveman like Champ Bailey or Ray Lewis etc..?
    What order should I pick my squad? Who will be your #1 picks and how exactly do you prepare for the draft? Do you have a list of guys in each position that you ideally want and then as they are drafted by other players, you choose your backups? Any advice for me would be appreciated thanks.
    you need to throw your team loyalty away or else your whole squad will be the bills, or the steelers(worldchamps, but not exactly fantasty champs)

Your first pick should be the guy you expect to get you the biggest numbers, a top tier QB/RB is the normal choice here.

Being number 4 you are going ot have your choice of some big names, Peyton manning, carson palmer, tom brady, larry johnson(top ranked player), shaun alexander.

i usally try to work in my starters first, but if its getting down to the nitty gritty, and i see guys i like getting taken, ill go for people i know are going to bring in some points the entire season. Defensive players normally go in teh middle to end of the draft. but if you can grab a defense monster like ed reed, or anyone that gets a ton of tackles sacks each week it wouldnt be so bad for a number 4 or 5 pick.

lol. actually do throw your loyalty away. do not waste your top #4 pick on Tom Brady.

look for all the good running backs to go first. there are only a few players that justify taking in the first and second rounds over running backs.

consider the numbers involved. for instance, the number of producing players at a position in the league vs the number of players required to start at that position. the scarcity of such players should determine your order of drafting positions. not knowing who to pick should be ok since, if its online, you will have access to a ranked list by position. you can do some creative things if you know the players and teams well. but, i believe the order you pick positions in (just take the top guy available at that pos) is more important than the actual player knowledge.

this formula has worked well for me in the past (assuming a standard lineup requirement):

pick order:

#1 running back
    #2 running back
    #3 running back
    #4 quarterback
    #5 wide reciever
    #6 tight end
    #7 wide reciever
    #8 wide reciever
    #9 defense
    #10 quarterback
    #11 kicker
    #12 wide reciever
    #13 ... at this point just fill in backups with the best left

Any advice for me would be appreciated thanks.
    Indivision pretty much summed it up. RB's are the meat of most fantasy leagues.

But my main snippet of advice would be to make sure you're up to date on all the latest injury news. You dont want to be the dude who uses his 2nd round pick on a guy that is out for the season. Or even picking a top tier guy who just found out he has turf toe but is going to tough it out the entire season.

Make sure to print out a list of all the top players at each position and use that as a general guide during the draft. Cross off everyone who gets taken. So if you have some trouble in the later rounds selecting sleepers, that list will come in handy.

Keep us posted on who you choose, i'd be interested in seeing how well you did. Good luck.

man my teams were devestated last year, in both leagues.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    But my main snippet of advice would be to make sure you're up to date on all the latest injury news. You dont want to be the dude who uses his 2nd round pick on a guy that is out for the season. Or even picking a top tier guy who just found out he has turf toe but is going to tough it out the entire season.
    VERY good advice. someone seems to do this in every league every year. maybe they've improved this info on the on-line lists this year. previously, you couldnt tell if someone was even out for the season. you should definitely do your homework on injuries, hold-outs, gun charges, reefer, etc. right before the draft. you can get that info on sites like cbssportsline.

very cool thanks for the advice everyone. Looks like I have some research to do before draft day.

btw indivision I'm interested in your pay league if there are any spots left.

Is there an autodraft this year chaseyboy? I can't really be bothered to pick random people I don't know from huge lists

yes, your picks will be done automaticly if you are not there.