A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football 06

i still cant believe they let go of mike anderson after his year last year.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by creativeinsomnia
    Why are you so high on Ron Dayne?

Ron Dayne has 3 TD's in the last 3 years, Ron Dayne is battling with Cedric Cobbs for a roster spot, not a starting job, a roster spot. Oh and Ron Dayne has turf toe...and he says he's "feeling better"...a fat running back with turf toe...good luck with that.

Right now, Mike Bell is looking to be the starter, with Tatum not far behind. If that completely changed in the next day or so, I wouldnt be the least suprised. Shanahan is a huge RBBC guy...he likes to feed the hot hand and will bench an RB at the drop of a dime, or in Tatum Bells case, a football.

Anyway, Denver's RB situation like every year, is a fantasy football nightmare that I recommend stearing clear of.

Why do you think I'm "high" on Dayne? I already pointed out that all of these options have drawbacks. You could easily turn out to be right. Dayne could get no carries or be cut. Julius Jones could stay healthy and give two 30 yard games to Barber. It's just an opinion, the basis for which I've already stated. Ron Dayne had the number one spot on their official roster, 4 weeks ago. Turf toe is a common ailment that players can get over in a week. I've had it myself. It's not a big deal. I'm also familiar with Denvers running back tendancies. Thats why I wouldn't recomend Dayne at the top of any list. I just think he has more potential to be of greater fantasy value than the other options available, given that theres a wide degree of variability with all of these questionable players. I'd recomend "steering clear" of him if possible as well. But, in this case, there isn't much else to steer to. That Marion Barber is some obviously better option here is nonsense.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    That Marion Barber is some obviously better option here is nonsense.
    You're starting to sound like this one guy that just LOVES to argue to no avail...cant remember his name...oh yeah, his name was indivision.

I dont understand how you can say that Marion Barber(A guy that is guaranteed carries every game, and is the clear cut number 2 back on a team with an injury prone over-rated starter) is not cleary held in higher regard than Ron Dayne(who is recovering from turf toe in which many running backs and recievers have had this injury and it lingered the entire year, ala Eddie George in 2001 or 03) when Ron Dayne isnt even guaranteed to make the team.

Its common sense dude...i'll take a healthy #2 back any day over an injured #3 or #4 back.

You're starting to sound like this one guy that just LOVES to argue to no avail...cant remember his name...oh yeah, his name was indivision.
    pffft! THAT clown?!

Its common sense dude...i'll take a healthy #2 back any day over an injured #3 or #4 back.
    Congratulations?

Like I said, neither case is very dependable. It's just my opinion. So, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Like I said, neither case is very dependable. It's just my opinion. So, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Yes I'm very aware that these are your opinions. I'm not saying you cant have an opinion or anything, I'm just saying that your opinions are wrong and competely false.

And yeah, we'll see what happens...when Marion Barber wins the MVP and breaks the single season rushing record, and Ron Dayne beats Kobayashi's record for the Hot Dog eating contest.

my starters
    Larry johnson
    Caddilac williams
    Ronnie brown.

no problem on my end.

Yes I'm very aware that these are your opinions. I'm not saying you cant have an opinion or anything, I'm just saying that your opinions are wrong and competely false.

And yeah, we'll see what happens...when Marion Barber wins the MVP and breaks the single season rushing record, and Ron Dayne beats Kobayashi's record for the Hot Dog eating contest.
    hah! and who likes to argue?

my starters
    Larry johnson
    Caddilac williams
    Ronnie brown.

no problem on my end.
    I think you should consider dropping Ronnie Brown to pick up Ron Dayne.

I think you should consider dropping Ronnie Brown to pick up Ron Dayne.
    If you're in a Hamburger Helper heavy league...Ron Dayne is your man. Do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanball.com
    After beginning training camp atop the depth chart in Denver, Ron Dayne has been cut. Dayne showed some promise early, but was hampered by a lingering toe injury and was passed up by Mike Bell, Tatum Bell, and Cedric Cobbs.
    Ahem...

looks like you were right. unless he gets picked up.

Dayne, who won the Heisman Trophy at Wisconsin in 1999, when he finished his career as the NCAA's all-time leading rusher, finished with just 12 yards on five carries in the preseason. He should be picked up elsewhere, so don't cut him just yet if he's on your roster as depth.
    Last edited by FlashLackey; 09-02-2006 at 05:22 PM.

Who's up for some Fantasy Husband!!!??? link

He should be picked up elsewhere, so don't cut him just yet if he's on your roster as depth.
    Thats good advice...if you're in a 100 team league.

Come on now...like there's not 20 better options in free agency in your fantasy league than an overweight underachieving runningback without a team. I'd honestly love to know where you got that quote from, that's some of the worst fantasy football advice i've ever seen.

www.cbssportsline.com

the largest fantasy sports site im aware of. though, not necessarily meaning the best advice.

im off to a good start

3rd qtr and so far ronnie brown has 2 td's

Anyone else have anyone playing tonight?

I've got Parker in my starting lineup. About 90 yards both running and catching thus far. No TDs though.

ok experts I have another stupid question for you.

Say I have 4 RB's. Not that this is my case, but say 2 are playing on Sunday and 2 are playing on Monday night. Can I start my 2 RBs on Sunday and then start the other 2 RB's on Monday? Or do I only get to start 2RBs total for the week? Or if I have one QB who is playing on Thurs...can I start him and then start my other QB for the Sunday game? I'm thinking I'm not allowed to do this but just wanted to make sure.

you only get one person per slot each week

ok cool thanks

I'm in 4 different pay leagues so I had Ronnie Brown, Willie Parker, and Chris Chambers tonight. I was pleased with Ronnie Browns TD's and Parkers yards...but Chambers let me down a bit. He has a lot of upside though so i'm not worried.

Looks like the same old Daunte too...always blowing the game when it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by foxsports.com
    He's baaaaaaaaack... and older than ever.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Falcons have signed the ageless wonder Morten Andersen to be their kicker this week. That's the same Morten Andersen drafted one year before Dan Marino and John Elway.

Andersen, 46, began his career as a fourth-round pick in 1982 of the Saints, the team he'll face off against in his first game back. He's played for the Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Giants and Vikings, his previous stop in 2004. A lifetime 80-percent field-goal kicker, Andersen has amassed an amazing 2,358 points in his career.

The Falcons had been using their punter, Michael Koenen, as their kicker, but he was just two of eight this year in field-goal tries and the team decided to go with ol' reliable, a man with a relationship to the Falcons. He has agreed to a one-year deal. Terms have yet to be disclosed.
    Who's going to add him first?!?!?! I say he's going to break his hip on his first try out.