A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Firefox Flash issue... A new one!

Multimedia Designer

[F8] Firefox Flash issue... A new one!

I have embedded three Flash objects using the ActiveX fix provided by Adobe (Macromedia). See them at: http://www.shewdesign.com/activeX/te...treatment.html

If you are viewing them in IE, and have the latest FlashPlayer, all three of the Flash movies should work correctly. HOWEVER, two of the three are NOT working correctly when viewed in Firefox.

The first instance of Flash is the little purple button (looks like a Jelly Bean). In IE, the word balloon pops up over the text when you click on it. But it's no longer working in Firefox.

The second instance is a Flash movie that has two frames on the timeline. The first is what you're seeing "Play Now". When you click on that, it moves to the second frame which contains an .flv.

Again, you already know this if you opened it in IE. So why isn't it working in FF?

You can see that it DOES work in Firefox if I embed it the "old" way (post-EOLAS issue) here: http://www.shewdesign.com/activeX/test-notreatment.html

HELP!?!?!?!?!?
    Mason
    Last edited by MasonShew; 06-26-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: content correction
    Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing. - Jack Handy

i have been having this problem too i wonder why this is happening

Multimedia Designer

Annoyed

Yea, I dont' know. But it's really leaving content designers/developers in a lurch.
    How do you tell the client: "You can have it one way or the other. But either way, a percentage of your users' experience is going to be degrated.

On one hand, it seems like I should just go with the numbers. Most people are IE users, so should I spend too much time worrying about Mozilla users?

On the other hand, screw Microsoft for allowing their ego trip to put all of us in this position in the first place. Firefox has been gaining market share for some time, and I hope this is just one more coal added to their fiery furnace.
    Last edited by MasonShew; 06-26-2006 at 12:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing. - Jack Handy

Multimedia Designer
    No ideas on this? Am I posting this issue in the wrong thread?