A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Gallery site!

Gallery site!

Simple is best.

visit the site!

I will get rid of the corners on the about page eventually.

Its pretty weird. I think that i like it though. My only complaint is that in order to scroll to the right you have to have your mouse waaaaay to the right to initiate it.. you need to set your midpoint more to the left.
    P.S.- This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
    - Mitch Hedberg RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chapter7seven
    Its pretty weird. I think that i like it though. My only complaint is that in order to scroll to the right you have to have your mouse waaaaay to the right to initiate it.. you need to set your midpoint more to the left.
    Haha, thanks! Nearer scrolling made it go too fast, though.

I have to agree with chapter7seven. It's a bit wierd... Anyways, i have no problem with that, althought you could work more on the way you present thoes images and work more on the layout. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it just seems poor in design...

Regards,
    Biro
    Last edited by wbwd; 06-29-2006 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wbwd
    I have to agree with chapter7seven. It's a bit wierd... Anyways, i have to problem with that, althought you could work more on the way you present thoes images and work more on the layout. I'm not saying that this is bad, but it just seems poor in design...

Regards,
    Biro

Thanks for the feedback! You're not saying it's bad, but it seems poor. Nice wording:P

Just work more on the layout and it will be ok.

Good Luck,
    Biro

Quote Originally Posted by missrosie
    Haha, thanks! Nearer scrolling made it go too fast, though.

If it scrolls too fast you should just be able to change your speed. Having to go so far to the right just to get it to scroll isnt very intuitive.
    - Mitch Hedberg RIP

Quote Originally Posted by chapter7seven
    If it scrolls too fast you should just be able to change your speed. Having to go so far to the right just to get it to scroll isnt very intuitive.
    I have arrows drawn on it so you can tell where to scroll, should I make them more obvious?

-_-
    Wierd, but kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Adobemedia
    Wierd, but kinda cool.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by missrosie
    I have arrows drawn on it so you can tell where to scroll, should I make them more obvious?

AHHHH. I did not see the arrow on the right. That helps, but I still think that the scroll should be actuated from more of a "midpoint" of the thumbnails. just my .02
    - Mitch Hedberg RIP

next and previous would be better flipped no?

Quote Originally Posted by egush13
    next and previous would be better flipped no?
    It's in order of when I drew them, so previous goes to the previous picture I drew, and in the same order as the small images are.

Just work more on the layout and it will be ok.

Good Luck,
    Biro

I gave it a makeover, It's a lot better now actually, so thanks for the critisism. (Also thanks to chapter7seven, I made the arrows more visible now.)

Much better now, love thoes bunnies... Great job, this time it realy looks sweet.

PS: the only thing that you could work on is the page that opens when clicking the "home" button... That page realy need A LOT of WORK. Work more on the layout and on the detail. Check thoes buttons that are link, the HIT AREA on them ain't right ( hard to click it, because the hit area is the text itself )... Work more on that page and give us an update.

Regards,
    Biro
    Last edited by wbwd; 07-03-2006 at 06:26 AM.

Much better now, love thoes bunnies... Great job, this time it realy looks sweet.

PS: the only thing that you could work on is the page that opens when clicking the "home" button... That page realy need A LOT of WORK. Work more on the layout and on the detail. Check thoes buttons that are link, the HIT AREA on them ain't right ( hard to click it, because the hit area is the text itself )... Work more on that page and give us an update.

Regards,
    Biro
    Thank you! Haha, you're right about the 'home' page, that's the next thing I need to do.

I actually really dig the layout design. Its very different, reminds me of an "Alice in Wonderland" feel.

Technically, it could use improvements, like what other have suggested -- improvements in code and such. But the overall feel and placement, I like it. The aesthetic is so different from your typical techno-futuristic site, or dark, but clean gallery sight. Made me smile looking at your site. Love the bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by pigpen32
    I actually really dig the layout design. Its very different, reminds me of an "Alice in Wonderland" feel.

Technically, it could use improvements, like what other have suggested -- improvements in code and such. But the overall feel and placement, I like it. The aesthetic is so different from your typical techno-futuristic site, or dark, but clean gallery sight. Made me smile looking at your site. Love the bunnies.
    Thank you so much! Such a nice review