A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cannot view flash content in firefox

Cannot view flash content in firefox

Hi,

I can't figure out why flash won't show in firefox,
    Got the latest flash player, it's really slowin me down,
    I was designing away in IE then relised i can't see any flash when i use firefox.
    Also wondering if users might have the same problem as me when viewing my site,
    But i can't even work that one out either.

Hope someone can help.

Got a link?

Link to what?
    I said i can't view any flashin firefox (the whole net)

A link to your page. Others might be able to. You have to start tracking down the problem somewhere.

No problems with viewing Flash in any browser here...

You may have a problem with some kind of Flash Blocker or something. I don't use Firefox extensions, but I know that there ineed is some stupid Flash blocker extension out there. Maybe you have it installed and enabled.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

I honestly don't know if it's my coding but i think i got the code right for wimpy buttons
    Included embed tags and all, but i'm using cubecart and it's editor removes some code
    such as the embed tags, i dunno why.. uniquevinyl.net i only have products under
    hip hop.. the 4th product has a wimpy button, i can see it in ie but not firefox.
    I noticed as well when i goto flashexperience for example, i can't see their flash in firefox.

Would this have anything to do with the fact i can't upgrade ie 6 to 7 beta?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917925

No i don't think i installed any blockers but i did read about that somewhere.
    The thing is, i don't normaly use firefox myself, but considering users that might use
    my site will be using other browsers like ff, i should have my site working in all.
    When firefox came out i had this exact same problem, forget how it fixed it.

"I was designing away in IE then relised i can't see any flash when i use firefox.
    Also wondering if users might have the same problem as me when viewing my site,"

These are two different problems, when you say you have the latest Flash Player do you mean in IE or have you installed it seperately in FireFox?

Well i meant the ie one but i think i installed a plugin for firefox also not sure i reinstalled it recently.

Check you have it seperately in Firefox, if you have and are still getting the error it will be much easier to track down your problem. If you are cannot view in any Flash in Firefox (on any flash site) you have just downloaded the Firefox browser and have no Flash Player installed.

Do i just goto macromedia to download flash player in firefox?

Was reading this site and noticed i have flashplayer.xpt in my firefox plugins folder,
    I don't have any libflashplayer.so in there, anything to do with it?

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...d.php?t=204639

Ok think thisd problem is finally fixed i can see the flash content on all sites now.
    But i can't view my flash buttons on cubecart, this is because the editor in cubecart deletes my tags.

Thanks for your time !
    Last edited by sounds; 07-09-2006 at 11:20 PM.