A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] What am I doing wrong? (simple button)

[F8] What am I doing wrong? (simple button)

This is the document

If anyone remembers, I was trying to make a t-shirt shop. To test out some of the basic features, I was experimenting with changing the colour of the shirt, but it doesn't work.

Also, could someone tell me why the shirt very quickly disappears then reappears really quickly, even though I places a "stop" action at the begining of everything?

try posting your file again.... can't open it it MX 2004
    --- Ronze ---

Ok, I saved it as an MX 2004 file: http://www.peopletshirts.com/bob/flash/proto.fla

Here you go.

There were two problems I saw with the file. One is that the movieclip instance was named face. The face property is used to style components, scrollbars, buttons. The second is the following script should be on the main timeline not the button.

PHP Code:
    blue.onPress = function() {

shirt.gotoAndStop(10);

It should work like a champ now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "My boss sits and watches TV in a hot dog suit and I think he might be a moron."

w00t, it works.

Thanks a lot. Still one more problem though. If you watch the screen for a while you will see it flash, as if it was going to another frame and back automatically. Can you please check that for me?

That's because there is no stop script on the main timeline of the flash movie.
    "My boss sits and watches TV in a hot dog suit and I think he might be a moron."

Awesome, thanks a lot.

EDIT: Crap. Do you have any idea how I could change the shirt from "front" to "back"?

I got all four of the buttons working, but now I think I have to start over. I divided the frames I already have for the shirt in two. This is how thetimeline is:

1-4: Yellow Shirt Front
    5-9: Yellow Shirt Back
    10-14: Blue Shirt Front
    15-19: Blue Shirt Back
    20-24: Red Shirt Front
    25-29: Red Shirt Back
    30-34: Green Shirt Front
    35-39: Green Shirt Back

Am I on the right track, or do I have to do things another way? Also, if I am on the right track...what next?
    Last edited by People T-Shirts; 07-09-2006 at 03:42 PM.

BUMP, sorry.