A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: forms and alert boxes

forms and alert boxes

Hi guys I am new to Koolmoves i built my website www.flawlesstwins.com with webeasy professional 6. I think that koolmoves will actually give me a better site so i decided to switch. There are a couple things i need help with because webeasy was pretty much drag and drop. First off on my contact page i have a form mailer which has the basics name, phone, number and submit buttons(http://www.flawlesstwins.com/flawlestwins_005.htm). How can i put that on one of my webeasy pages?

Now the other thing is alert boxes that pop up when you enter site like when you first enter mysite a warning box pops up, i did that by using a javascript code i got from a generator. I put image on my page and then clicked on a box called custom script assistant and on blur put the code in and then it came out as alert box (code was <html>
    <head>

<script language="JavaScript">
    alert("Place Your message here... \n Click OK \" to contine.")
    </script>

</head>

<title>Codeave.com(javascript: Alert Box on Document Open)</title>
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">

</body>
    </html>
    )

I did this for the alert box, scroll bar, and quick navigation. I need help on how to go about doing this in koolmoves please.

Also i want to put a scrolling text box as well where my background can be transparent and i can change the color of my bar colors, koolmoves provides one but instead of an arrow its a box that scrolls. I like the one on this site www.kdaubert.com on her bio and news page. Thanks anyone who can help.

Quote Originally Posted by flawlesstwins
    Hi guys I am new to Koolmoves i built my website www.flawlesstwins.com with webeasy professional 6. I think that koolmoves will actually give me a better site so i decided to switch. There are a couple things i need help with because webeasy was pretty much drag and drop. First off on my contact page i have a form mailer which has the basics name, phone, number and submit buttons(http://www.flawlesstwins.com/flawlestwins_005.htm). How can i put that on one of my webeasy pages?
    Look in the Exchange at koolexchange.com there are at least two good examples of how to do this.

Now the other thing is alert boxes that pop up when you enter site like when you first enter mysite a warning box pops up, i did that by using a javascript code i got from a generator. I put image on my page and then clicked on a box called custom script assistant and on blur put the code in and then it came out as alert box (code was <html>
    I did this for the alert box, scroll bar, and quick navigation. I need help on how to go about doing this in koolmoves please.

Also i want to put a scrolling text box as well where my background can be transparent and i can change the color of my bar colors, koolmoves provides one but instead of an arrow its a box that scrolls. I like the one on this site www.kdaubert.com on her bio and news page. Thanks anyone who can help.
    You could simulate something like the alert message but from a design standpoint there are better ways to get that information across to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Hi thanks for responding you said there are better ways to get an alert to a user, what exactly do you mean?
    Well it's just a person thing, I don't like alert boxes like that. I suggest you look around at some flash sites and find something you like and emulate it and make it your own.

To do an alert sort of thing just make it a movie clip with text that is show in the first frame of your movie and give it a button that hides it.

Best to keep this kind of conversation on the forum where you can get help from others and not just me. I've been wrong before and sometimes the others come up with things that would not.

I am not quite sure how to do a movie clip, is it possible for me just to imbed something over an image. Such as a javascript in koolmoves or html? How could i do that?
    It sounds a bit like you are getting ahead of yourself here. If you are still figuring out what you can do in flash/KM don't try to run before you walk.

There are several ways to creat a movie clip, the simplest is to click on the movieclip icon in the toolbar. I've attached a very simple example using a two frame movie.

Look in the manual that is available on the Koolmoves site, get familiar with the interface first, open the examples and poke around. That will give you a better idea of how it all works. It can be quite confusing at first.
    Attached Files Attached Files

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I have removed all running screenshots and demo examples I had dedicated to helping this user as she is not listening.

I have removed all running screenshots and demo examples I had dedicated to helping this user as she is not listening.

See this is why I suggested we talk in the forum not private, I would not have thought of doing what Chris has done. Now you have two ways to go about it.

Hey Bret....Remember that thread where Wilbert was showing us that trace function he made? I altered it to use that java popup as a trace but for the life of me cannot find the post (would have just posted that). Maybe Wilbert will recall.

Confused

Thanks Chris and Bret I really appreciate the help the only problem is I don't understand when you say fire internally or integrate and post. Are you just saying use the javascript code and insert that in text box anywhere on the page i did that and only a black page came up. I don't want to do it the way where everyone can see my codes. Can you break it down a little bit for me please.

Integrate with script

I guess my question is how do you integrate with script in koolmoves, I guess that would kind of being similar to what i was doing with web easy, (inserting an image then clicking on custom script assistant and then entering my javascript and then preview the site and either my alert box came up or my text scroll box.

Hi Chris I am not trying to achieve that look what i want is a forced one i guess i don't want people to press on a shape that tells them to press on it I want it to automatically pop up when they enter the site. And I also have a scipt for my own scoll box so I need to know how to enter that so it will automatically be on the page? (Also when I tried to enter in under action script it kept giving me an error message saying that line 2 expecting a '}' and I typed everything in you had the on (release) {
    getUrl (pasted code here
    -flawlesstwins.com
    complacency is devastating and where there is a will there is a way!!!

you were on the right track putting in the timeline actionscript. However you can't use on(release) there just put the stuff between the {} but not including them. Any code in the frame actionscript will get executed when the frame is shown.

What I did is copied the code, then in order for me to put any text on the first page i have to select the T icon and then paste it there) when i hit play movie the entire page comes up black so it is not working.
    -flawlesstwins.com

Hey Chris when i put in the add push button and then put in the script is this what i am suppose to put in
    <script language="javascript">
    <!--
    function CONFIRM(){if (!confirm
    ("Welcome to the official website for Flawlesstwins, Please wait a few seconds to view the flash intro, you can also visit our myspace page at www.myspace.com/flawlesstwins This website was designed and created by Flawlesstwins and if you would like us to design your website please visit the contact page until the official business website it up. We look forward to hearing from you all and thanks so much for visiting this site. If you click on any links and they do not pop up then please disable all pop up blockers. Thanks again and have a wonderful and blessed day."))
    history.go(-1);return " "}
    document.writeln(CONFIRM())
    <!-- END -->
    </script>

cause it doesn't work and what is a fun file?
    -flawlesstwins.com

OK Chris i made the file but i do not know how to zip it???
    -flawlesstwins.com