A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

Hybrid View

Super Moderator

KoolExchange

We now have a file repository for the free exchange of KoolMoves animations.

www.koolexchange.com

It was created by Wilbert using KoolMoves components. We are still putting together a Terms of Use statement.

This was announced yesterday inside another posting. It was felt that is should have a posting of it own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell
    www.koolexchange.com
    It was created by Wilbert using KoolMoves components.
    Congratulations Wilbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hartzell
    This was announced yesterday inside another posting. It was felt that is should have a posting of it own.
    I can understand your impatience ...

Quote Originally Posted by necromanthus
    Congratulations Wilbert.
    Thanks Remus.

I did the best I could to make it useful and small so it will also work fine for users with a slow connection.

Very nice! What file types are being accepted? I can't seem to open Laurence Henshall's
    Dynamic Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by possum3
    Very nice! What file types are being accepted? I can't seem to open Laurence Henshall's
    Dynamic Gallery.
    Accepted file types are .zip and .fun .
    The problem you had should be fixed now. The filename of the archive Laurence submitted has a space in it that most likely is causing the problem. I'm replacing spaces with underscores now to solve this. Let me know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    Make an XML category and a MySQL category at the repository.
    Does that make 'fun with backends' still needed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    Restructure the submission window to allow submitters to list their URL
    It's easy to implement but my concern is that if a user changes domains the links aren't working anymore.

Please submit again Chris.

I was just implementing the url link possiblity you asked for. That messed up your upload. It's possible now to add a support url.

The problem I have is that for some reason the browser crashes if I place a link in a dynamic textfield. It might have to do with the ability to scroll the contents of the grid, I'm not sure. I soved it for the name with a transparent movieclip that has a fixed height. If the name is that long that it will cover two lines, only the top line is clickable. For the author that was a bit more complicated. Instead I added an extra icon. I hope that works for you.

Wilbert

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Ok...not sure what to reupload. I just submitted my fourth which showed instantly. The first three did not and still don't. I assumed awaiting approval. Are the first three missing?

[QUOTE=w.brants]Accepted file types are .zip and .fun .
    The problem you had should be fixed now. The filename of the archive Laurence submitted has a space in it that most likely is causing the problem. I'm replacing spaces with underscores now to solve this. Let me know if it works.

Sorry about the problem I created, will use the convention you suggest for future contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Sorry about the problem I created, will use the convention you suggest for future contributions
    Don't worry about it. It's all taken care of automatically from now on. It's not a problem anymore. If you submit such an archive again the person who downloads it just gets the same name with spaces replaced by underscores.

possum 3 tell me the problem, plus check your version of kool moves

Sorry, I did not explain my problem very well. I can not open the Dynamic Gallery download. On the download site it says the file is an application download. It is not a .fun or zip. file. There is no file type type.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Huh. Just download and opened and opened it inline in IE and FF. Here it is coming down once:

Thanks Chris! Strange I downloaded Bret's zip with no problem.

Glad for this great resource.

Thanks to all,

My special thanks to Chris, awesome examples and very glad you shared your PHP and MySQL example with all the community.
    Is not everyone that HAS THE GUTS to do it with nothing on return.

Taking you in high consideration.

Updating submissions

Have we given thought to how to allow posters to update a submission?

Let's say we realize we need to change something in a submission, can we have it deleted or updated somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by blanius
    Have we given thought to how to allow posters to update a submission?

Let's say we realize we need to change something in a submission, can we have it deleted or updated somehow?
    I guess you would just have to upload a new one and mention it's an improved version or contact me. I don't want contributers to be able to update something. That would result in a lot of problems. It would require a complete user registration system and each update would have to be reviewed again to see if it's okay. You just have to make sure a contribution is how you want it before posting. Of course there can be updates but if they are once in a few months I don't see any problem if there are more versions online if the version number and improvements are mentioned. I'm sure if I would spend a lot of time creating the ability to update a version there would be contributers who keep changing it. That just won't work.