A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

I know what you mean about the code comments Chris, they take so much time and I always feel that I still haven't explained enough when I do.

Can't wait to see the blog code. Thanks

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    I'm trying my best to add them but I decided to finish out the admin (well, as finished as I can right now but better than even I had when I used it) and I'll be into the night getting it submitted just dealing with code. I just can't comment too much, I wish I had more time but this was a recent decision and I'm pressed for time. The best I can say is if there are any questions afterward head to my place and post in the forum because right now I just want this up the pipe.

Another dude was posting about a Flash Blog and if you are curious to see the specs they are in the last post of mine here:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...85#post3778385

I know I'm posting a lot but I'm stressed and want to make sure I get info out while it's fresh in my head. Sorry.

Right now, admin lets you insert images entering a valid url (needs to be full url to support RSS) a width and a height. It can do better and I will help, just not with this download. For now you will have to type in the three settings and insert.

I have another Twisted Lister backend that is built specifically for Flash html textfields that will filter a directory for image types Flash supports. What this one does the other doesn't is it will not only snake the directory and send in the path and image names, it will also read the widths and heights dynamically and send them in as well. Flash has to have path,width and height for inline images. I've already done this with kiosks and it works great.

So this will be an upload similar to what I did for dniezby. I will set it up to snake, populate a listbox (or maybe actually scroll the images and then have you click on them...dunno) and on click have it send the image to an example html textfield in a completely different clip. This way everyone can adapt it not only for my stuff (myBLOGG, myBBS,etc) but anywhere they need the ability to just drag and drop or click to send an image to their html fields. Just like how PHP portals do it by visually choosing an image from within the server space.

This will come in two flavors. One that is all PHP that simply sends in array suitable for actionscript from any directory it resides in and one that will build an XML file doing the same (so you drop the puppy anywhere and build xml in seconds). This will be the submission that immediately follows after Xmas.

Again, sorry for all the posts.

I tested and tested and tested some more. I must have zipped and unzipped and sql dumped and wrote and deleted and edited and messed with it a million times to test every possible scenario of problem and it all went ok (which means something will slip by )

I uploaded it (I think...waitin to hear from Wilbert because I'm not sure if it timed out) and to finish out on this one I wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year !!

Stream Machine Recoded

I got about my 20th request for instructions on how to convert my Stream Machine submission to allow loading into a parent movie. There won't be a twentyfirst because I recoded it tonight to do just that.

It's in my downloads but not really worth going through the submission process since one is already housed there. Wanted to mention.

Hi

There was a bit of talk the other day about nav bars that open up when you click a bar. I was working on an actionscript tree type navbar and so I tidied it up and put it on exchange just now

The tree runs in a mc so you could attach a slider to it if you wanted but I dont need one and have not coded it.

The important part is 3 symbols in the symbol library. One is the AS for the Tree object, and the other 2 are mclips for the two visual parts which you can make to look how you want - Im no good at visual design - Im sure you will improve on whats there :-)

Good luck with it

Steve

Nice work Steve thanks.

A new dynamic template uploaded for aproval.

Now aproved, thanks for quick turn-around who ever did it.

Just saw the submissions to Flashkit by Bret and Stoke. They look great guys.

I hope to see you mirror everything you do there. It's great exposure for you and great for the platform as well.

HTML email sender uploaded to Koolexchange and Flashkit awaiting aproval.
    This complete application is ready to go, simply requires you to enter your e-mail address in the php and to change the password which is used to protect the package.

edit- now aproved thanks for the stars

We're up there again

Featured flash again
    In the last couple of weeks KM created products have twice been up there ( last one was Chris's Blog ) Can only be a good thing to promote KM to the whole flash community. What price free press eh BOB?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    I appreciate it. Moreover, it is a service to the community to share quality code.

That is great to hear Stoke! It deserves every bit of it and those are fantastic submissions.

Thanks, look forward to sharing the lymelite with a few of our quality regulars here when they post their offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Featured flash again
    In the last couple of weeks KM created products have twice been up there ( last one was Chris's Blog ) Can only be a good thing to promote KM to the whole flash community. What price free press eh BOB?
    That last submission for me offered something I haven't been able to get from either my KoolExchange ones or the Flashkit ones until now. Comments. The comments section of Flashkit is being fixed (Planet mentioned) so since the blog demo in the preview is tied to a live Blog...it actually provides users the chance to comment which I check with the admin panel daily. Until now I could only guess at what FKers are thinking when they view and download these Koolmoves items.

Aside from the usual attempts to inject it (which fail and just get wrapped in html tags ) and other off topic comments I do get a fair share of "Wow...I didn't know Koolmoves could do this" or "I hadn't heard of Koolmoves till now" type comments. With that crowd in mind I should exploit the demo even further by making the article on entry about Koolmoves itself with a list of it's features and a link to the site. I'll most likely do just that

just uploaded my first template tell me what you think
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

Drew, I'll be honest with you it looks pretty

but,

1. there's no interaction there... Really it's incomplete as it is.
    2. Why not draw the background inside KM? wasted filesize and nothing there that can't easily be done in KM

It's a good start, just spend some time on it and make the tabs do something. Consider making the tabs movie clips and make it look like they come forward when clicked and go to a new content page or load different text into the text fields.