A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

Quote Originally Posted by FLASHPULSE
    "Scary Maze game" seems to hide the mouse (using Opera and IE) when previewing on KoolExchange.
    Yea i just relised that then you could just right click to get out of it
    but you could edit the code so that it doesnt do that.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Submitted a file tonight that I made for a forum question that will show how to save dynamically created filenames using PHP.

I was going to submit an example of a single button that uses the "Add To Cart" feature of PayPal payments but instead submitted a button code generator that will let you guys generate the script so you can use it on any buttons you wish (or clips as buttons,etc). Just fill in the blanks. This way it's re-useable and more of a "tool".

It will generate both "Buy Now" scripts and "Add To Cart" scripts.

Requires Windows 98+ . Submitted tonight.

Chris, your PPgen looks great, but shouldn't you allow decimal amounts in the price field? Well made otherwise and very usefull.

I'll add the decimal point and see if I can get the download replaced. I left it out at the last minute because I noticed some oddities with rounding numbers but will add it back.

EDIT: I have the updated. I just need to swap it out.

Thanks to Tim Moore and Alex White the Exchange has crossed the 100 file mark !

Great additions guys.

Ditto to all who have been kind enough to donate their files for the benefit of other Koolmoves users.

Is there a file in exchange that allows you to accept emails from your site to send newsletters to the emails submitted if so what is the name of the file. See the picture for an example of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can adapt the e-mailer by Brett to send whatever autoresponse you want, or if you are simply collecting e-mail addresses for later mailings, cut down Chris's version. Both use php so you will need that available on your server, otherwise look at brett's 'local' mailer, submitted this week.
    Brett's is called e-mail form with error checker
    Chris's is called Loadvars Mailform
    Both to be found in the input forms section.

You probably need to store the emails and names in a database then use a form for yourself to create the email to send then using the database to send the emails.

So yes you can do it. It is not a trivial thing to build and most of the hard work is PHP and not really relevant to Koolmoves really. Look at Chris's many examples of sending and recieving data to the server and you might get a good start on how to do it. But read up on MySql and PHP to build your database and the access to it.

Hi,
    Thought you might like to take a look at this http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark.cordon/
    any coments would be good

Mark

I'm now in a position to let go of the full html editors (as well as other items soon to be released) I have made with Koolmoves.

Although there are html editor components for Flash itself, Koolmoves has none so it's useful for people who want the WYSIWYG for input textareas without the constraints of pulling in an external Flash component into your Koolmoves movie. As Koolmoves source it also lets you edit look of the editor and make it match whatever graphics or layout you need as well as it's ancillary scripting (tweaking the knobs).

What I will do is shrink it down and nest the whole editor into a single master clip that resides on one frame total. This way anyone can pull it into their Koolmoves movies (or save as template,etc) and NOT have it impact their existing timeline scripting. I will code a master submit button so everyone has the affected html textfield ready to POST so it's easy to tie the variable to anything you want. Maybe it will end up as food for thought towards a component down the road. Who knows.

I'll have it packaged and submitted by the weekend.

Great news Chris, look forward to that.

Super Moderator
    Appreciate it.

I'm clearing out all old code so there will be things like how to do internal Paypal carts (1 XML based, 1 MySQL based), the Blog system I was using recently, the V2 version of the myBBS forum (integrates the full html editors), the standalone html editors (two flavors) and just a bunch more being submitted. Sorry it's all not ready immediately but all have to be converted from personal use items (I actually used all of them) to downloads. I just yesterday decided to dump it all when I wrote about the first editor coming so trust me it will all arrive at some point to the Exchange.

Sounds like Christmas is early this year!

Yeah eh eh eh.... Bret says rubbing his hands together.

Chris, let me be the first of many, I'm sure to say well done, great tool.
    I made a projector of it, having made txt17 selectable beforehand, and it sits on my desktop as a really quick and easy text creation tool, from which I can do a copy and paste.

I did try to post out from it using
    subbut.onPress=function(){

var send_lv = new LoadVars();
    send_lv.action = "send";
    send_lv.box1 = "&txt1var=" + txt17.text;
    send_lv.sendAndLoad("newform.php", result_lv, "POST");
    }

Any ideas wht this didn't work?

A full sendAndLoad would be similar to this:

Code:
    var result_lv= new LoadVars();
        result_lv.onLoad = function(success) {
        if (success) {
          //do something
        } else {
         //do something else   
        }
        };
        var send_lv = new LoadVars();
        send_lv.message = txt17.text;
        send_lv.sendAndLoad("somebackend.php", result_lv, "POST");
    Last edited by Chris_Seahorn; 11-13-2006 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Just waking up....expect mistakes :)