A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: KoolExchange

Hi Chris, got the posting sorted now thanks, its working fine.
    What I have been trying to do, without success is to load the existing document in, which then can be amended. What I tried was to use the usual
    loadVariables("mytext.txt?" + getTimer(), _root);
    which gets the old text in, then populate an off stage text box with that, then use a button to make txt17.text = the .text of my new field.
    When I tried this, it came up as undified, because the text failed to populate, and I assume that must be associated with the level, because when I come 1 back out to the root level it will populate, but then I cant get it to transfer over to txt17 on the lower level.
    Hope this makes sense.
    Can you help?
    Cheers

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Pretty much using the same methods you do now with the other parts of the suite.

At least I recall you saved to text.

Chris, sorry but I'm being thick here,
    I've got a text file called page1.txt that I saved from the editor using php,
    It has 1 variable called txtpag1var
    how can I load that back into the editor?

Nice job Tim

Stoke: I have complete confidence you will figure it out

I haven't, thats why I came here for some help.

Other than the example load I posted I don't plan on supporting it. Anyone who can not get it to do what they want please feel free to email me for a full refund

Just thought if you built something, you might want to help people use it, Whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke Laurie
    Just thought if you built something, you might want to help people use it, Whatever.
    You know what, I quit drinking coffee and smoking this week so I'm going to ignore that last comment so I don't say things I can't take back. I'll leave it at "Sorry you feel this way".

Chris, we are not going to fall out over this, look back up the thread and see who it was that thanked you for the tool, and I thought seeing as it's purpose was to edit text, it would be great if it could load text and save text, that all.
    ps good luck with the fags.

The html editor will most likely be the last for quite a while. Soon I'll be yesterdays news.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn
    I'll be yesterdays news.
    Doubt that very much, I'll take what you,ve just done, thanks and go and make it work. See, thats another half hour without fags done!!! (ps I'm still not packed up!)
    Cheers

That works a treat!
    so now I can load and sent, just what I needed.
    Thanks Chris

I'm getting ready to submit my Koolmoves MySQL Blog system and wanted to post a bit here about it first.

Some of you are familiar with it because I personally used it. Unlike the Forum submission this one has an admin panel that can be run online but I suggest you run that locally using full urls in the movie, reasons are obvious

After using it two or three months I added commenting abilty for anonymous users so it could be commented to by anyone. All comments are held until the admin approves so it's negates a spam issue. Problem is I never coded an admin section to handle the comments (I approved or dissaproved in phpmyadmin). Right up front I have to apologize for that. If I get free time down the road I will add it but most likely others will beat me to it.

The articles themselves can be added, edited or deleted from the admin included so as far as that you will be fine. Like most of my stuff it will need some artistic flair (especially admin) because I'm not a visual coder and most of my stuff is graphically challenged (I focus on dynamic data and making it work and leave good looks to those who know how ) The blogger I purposely made simple and clean so it would emulate a PHP blogger. It blogs like a monster. It uses the WYSIWYG html editors for both admin posting in admin and commenting for users in the online blogger itself and stores the flash html in the database natively. This blogger also includes backends that will RSS 2.0 out all articles (wrapping the articles themselves in CDATA tags)on the fly. Although RSS validation will WARN about the textarea syntax, it will validate and present you with a cute little RSS graphic if you test validation. I again chose to store this way on purpose so I could more easily re-use the data in other Flash textarea fields in other movies.

Once I get some comments added and populate it with some fake posts (using lorum ipsum) to create a MySQL dump as well as debug the backends I will get it submitted for the holidays.

Scouts honor

EDIT:

Wanted to add to those in the know that Stoke and I have worked out our past discussions.

Also I have setup a forum for anyone needing help with any of the code I submit to the Exchange or who just want to PM me and chat. Since I'm on a self served website I ask users to keep forum posts specific to my code and any general KM questions should be handled here at the official forum. Mine is hidden until you register (instant process without email verification) so it helps keep my band low so I can work on other movies (all mine are dynamic so every drop helps).

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Seahorn

Wanted to add to those in the know that Stoke and I have worked out our past discussions.
    To those of you who know me well will know this is the best news I've had all week.

Setting the blog system (myBLOGG) up for submission today. It uses two routines in particular that Wilbert offered here in the forum (fading in/out text and API Thin Scrollbars) and am crediting him for both in the source with a link to his site. This will be housed at Flashkit too so I felt I should mention.

To Wilbert, first...thank you

Second, if you would rather I just credit your name and not your website feel free to let me know today. I will write it whatever way you wish

Hi Chris,

Only my name will do
    Great that you are releasing the source to the public

Will do Wilbert

Thank you again. There are snippets of you in all my stuff (since you really are the point man on components for KM) so I may have need of this blessing again and will write it that way as well in any included

The setup is going well and the Blog frontend itself is already ready. The backends just finished up cleanup and I'm on the admin panel now. Should be in later today or evening after I write a bit of setup instructions.

I'm sorry my code isn't better commented. It's too hard for me to attempt to teach PHP and Actionscript with commenting and a lot of my stuff will assume a certain understanding of both (which is why my stuff is normally only downloaded by a particular type of KM user) just to save me a ton of time. I have a lot of stuff coming and if I try to write detailed comments for each section I will never get it released. Sorry again.