A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: So, when do we consider this WW3?

Imperialist Japan and Nazi Germany got a considerable amount of assistance to rebuild and (with the exception of East Germany) were allowed freedom of movement and trade.
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

You think the Israelis wouldnt pay to have them stop?

I dont buy that. You dont get to go from 0 to suicide bomb for every possible reason.

I think the israelis would rather impose their status as a powerful nuclear nation with a voice on the world stage by subjugation, but hell, that's just my opinion
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

maybe they would. i think the palestinians would like to be in their shoes doing the exact same thing. but, that will never happen.

when Japan finally surrendered, the emperor stated in his famous radio address that it was for the well-being and good of he Japanese people to accept completely, the terms of defeat. even with our nuclear bombs, Japan could have put up a lot more of a fight than the Palestinians ever could against Israel. they need to consider the same thing that the Japanese Emperor did and stop. i mean, think of the immense costs of their actions. think of the wasted potential, the lives and careers that could have been. such a waste. its time to cut losses here and have some self-respect.

Quote Originally Posted by indivision

when Japan finally surrendered, the emperor stated in his famous radio address that it was for the well-being and good of he Japanese people to accept completely, the terms of defeat. even with our nuclear bombs, Japan could have put up a lot more of a fight than the Palestinians ever could against Israel. they need to consider the same thing that the Japanese Emperor did and stop. i mean, think of the immense costs of their actions. think of the wasted potential, the lives and careers that could have been. such a waste. its time to cut losses here and have some self-respect.
    Agreed but it took those two nukes to get Japan to that point, where they were willing to cut their losses and give up.

In this case, there isn't a real clear or decisive event that will cause the Palestinans to declare defeat unless they go to war again. It's unlikely they are just going to throw in the towel over regular airstrikes and/or incursions into their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    Agreed but it took those two nukes to get Japan to that point, where they were willing to cut their losses and give up.

In this case, there isn't a real clear or decisive event that will cause the Palestinans to declare defeat unless they go to war again. It's unlikely they are just going to throw in the towel over regular airstrikes and/or incursions into their land.
    i agree 100%. thats my point. Israel is held back by world consensus just up to the point that they aren't convincing that its over but that they still kill people. its never going to end that way.

[and why? because we cant stand that sometimes people dont get their way? if what Israel has done is so bad that they deserve to be rebuked, lets get on with blowing them out of the pond, otherwise, lets acknowledge that theyve won and let them do what they need to do to restore order. If the Palestinians are going to sit there and suicide bomb to eternity, then kick them out and shut the gate. Not that that would be a good thing at all. Its just better than the bloody alternative.]
    Last edited by indivision; 07-14-2006 at 06:04 AM.

there is a modicum of difference in the scale of WWII and the palestinian / israel conflict in both numbers of people dying and amount of resources / money spent.

news flash: I don't think we have to worry anymore. The UN has sent a 3 man diplomatic team to the region. Problem should be solved by this evening.

i agree 100%. thats my point.
    Ah I think I misread your post.

Hey Swampy where is that quote in your footer from? It's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    Ah I think I misread your post.

Hey Swampy where is that quote in your footer from? It's funny.
    pwei innit?

yeah it's a PWEI reference from the start of "grebo guru", but originally it was jonny morriss off an old BBC prgram called animal magic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1962/tv1.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    So why are we always fighting? Because some people just can't deal with change.
    Republicanism explained.
    [and why? because we cant stand that sometimes people dont get their way? if what Israel has done is so bad that they deserve to be rebuked, lets get on with blowing them out of the pond, otherwise, lets acknowledge that theyve won and let them do what they need to do to restore order. If the Palestinians are going to sit there and suicide bomb to eternity, then kick them out and shut the gate. Not that that would be a good thing at all. Its just better than the bloody alternative.]
    It's tough to get your head around this situation sometimes: Israel has such a military, economic and diplomatic advantage over the Palestinians that it's difficult to see the conflict in any other terms than resistance against an over powering force.

However, the actions of the Palestinians can be so barbarous and callous sometimes to make it look more like homicidal revenge than an attempt to right some wrong. And the Israeli responses so heavy handed to make them look more interested in exacerbating the suffering than punishing those actually responsible.

So what to do...? Sometimes I wish we could just wipe the whole problem out - Israel, Palestine, the whole caboodle, turn the clock back 60 years or so. Invade, occupy, disarm - both sides. No more Israel, no more Palestine.

Can't live with the responsibility of a nation-state? Can't agree to stay on your side of the backseat or stop poking your brother in the eye? Then we turn the car around. Both sides want Jerusalem as their capital? Then neither gets it; make them both into one damn country, that way neither side can occupy the other's land, both can have Jerusalem as the damn capital and the world can just move the **** on for god's sake...

</grumpy, pessimistic morning...>
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Having nukes is easy. Diplomacy is hard.
    getting that uranium or plutonium takes a bit of work actually.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Parts of Russia was having a bake sale on nukes for a while... buy one nuke, get an aging scientist too.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Parts of Russia was having a bake sale on nukes for a while... buy one nuke, get an aging scientist too.
    nah I looked into that last april 14th.. it is a bit of myth.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I think the problem with the whole region is, neither side eats enough pork. I'd hate everyone too if I could never have bacon with my eggs, a baked ham with pineapple and cloves on it, pizza with no sausage.

Quote Originally Posted by japangreg
    So what to do...? Sometimes I wish we could just wipe the whole problem out - Israel, Palestine, the whole caboodle, turn the clock back 60 years or so. Invade, occupy, disarm - both sides. No more Israel, no more Palestine.
    I think I have the same sentiments here. We just can't be the world cop.

It would be like native Americans deciding that they wanted their own country and that they were then justified in suicide bombing every other Denny's. We wouldn't tolerate very much of that no matter what world consensus was. Certainly not 12+ years of it. Instead of that, the native Americans have taken the high road and probably have amongst the proudest heritage of any group of Americans with significant success and contribution in all areas of society here. The Palestinians, with the encouragement of fools, believe they're doing something just. To them, its a testament to their courage and pride as a people. In reality, its a testament to acting base. They ought to think about winning their battle with intelligence, diplomacy and achievement.

It would be like native Americans deciding that they wanted their own country and that they were then justified in suicide bombing every other Denny's.
    Don't really want to send this off on a tangent, but I was sent something this morning that remided me of what's going over there, but without the violence. Yet it's happened, and will again, right here. Something to keep in mind. Notice who some of the speakers are. Is this how it starts?

http://media.putfile.com/Aztlan

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    I think the problem with the whole region is, neither side eats enough pork. I'd hate everyone too if I could never have bacon with my eggs, a baked ham with pineapple and cloves on it, pizza with no sausage.
    Don't forget scrapple.

Oh, man, I would kill for some sausage gravy and biscuits right now.