A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Extricate vs. Fearless

Extricate vs. Fearless

Size:700x500
    Rotation:Allowed
    Rounds:4
    Turnaround:3-4 days

wow, very nice. I'll get something up this weekend.

escape from reality

wowzers! very nice use of color and texture...

OK....sorry i havent put anything up in a long time, but ill try to put something up tonight...it may not be much, but it will get the ball rolling on this again. Sorry once again!

Nice volley fear! Incredible feeling...

enter my nightmare

Extricate, nice image; however you seriously should be more careful with layer masks. The bottom two statues suffer quite a bit, meanwhile the statue on the middle has some pretty bad fringe pixels that could have been avoided.

Your stone headstones aren't using the same perspective as the rest of the image - which sorta draw my attention away from the details as well.

The color overlays, while not bad, are a bit overlaid in a manner that looks forced. Like you're using either Vivid Light or Hard Light and it would have worked if you had dropped the saturation a bit and then just used Soft Light or Overlay and dropped the opacity a bit.

The image, while laid out fine, just needs some tweaks here and there imho. It's a good start, and I think with a bit more time, it could have been tweaked to a more coherent image that would have stayed true to your vision.

Good battle guys... pulling out some unusual styles/concepts.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

hmm....i didnt use any layer masks on the statues,however i rushed the job of cutting them out and erasing the pictures...adobe had crashed on me a few times and i got frustrated with it, and the little eraser turned into a crosshair(ever happen to you?) so instead of seeing the diameter of the circle, i just saw a 3x3 crosshair and that effected it as well... in addition to that i do agrree the perspective is off on the tombstone, but when i adjusted it, it greatly distorted to quality of the image so i decided to leave as is.. anyways my two sense on the crit. thanks for the pointers, ill be sure to keep those things in mind on my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Extricate
    the little eraser turned into a crosshair(ever happen to you?) so instead of seeing the diameter of the circle, i just saw a 3x3 crosshair and that effected it as well...
    It does that when you hit caps lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Extricate
    hmm....i didnt use any layer masks on the statues,however i rushed the job of cutting them out and erasing the pictures...adobe had crashed on me a few times and i got frustrated with it, and the little eraser turned into a crosshair(ever happen to you?) so instead of seeing the diameter of the circle, i just saw a 3x3 crosshair and that effected it as well... in addition to that i do agrree the perspective is off on the tombstone, but when i adjusted it, it greatly distorted to quality of the image so i decided to leave as is.. anyways my two sense on the crit. thanks for the pointers, ill be sure to keep those things in mind on my next one.
    You will find that layer masks allow you to make mistakes and correct them - they're non-destructive, much unlike the Eraser tool. Invest some time into them, you will enjoy how much they allow you go backwards if need be.

As far as the rest, Dri answered that. Caps Lock... amazingly easy to overlook. Perspective and light sources are pretty much something that people tend to get off in those aspects too.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yea, sometimes when you rarely have the time to perfect things, its easy to overlook even the simplest things, and of course rush to have something out...anyways im just looking forward to getting this started up again to both hone my ability and enjoy a great battle!