A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: display works for comments and suggestions

display works for comments and suggestions

Hi there,
    I would love to hear some serious comments from you guys, feel free to hit me with your best shot.

:artist:

You don't play well with polygonal images. ^.^

You do VERY well with elipsical art, though. Anything with even a hint of rectangle in it just doesn't fit.

<3 your work, though. (Albeit, I don't care for the superhappy style.)
    e6750 .:. 2gb ddr2 800 .:. 8800gts g92
    masterrex.com / dreamingofdelusion.com
    <always up for anything fun>

masterrex, do u now how to do good flash menu with animation etc cuz my site doesnt have good menu. thanks!

why didnt you post this in the sticky thread?

If I accidently post this in a wrong place, plz move it to the correct one for me! I'm sorry, I'm new here.
    Last edited by yesthisismyday; 08-05-2006 at 01:29 PM.

No worries, its just that there is a thread for piccies.
    Why not check it out and see what some of the others have been posting too?
    Its fun, and you get to learn from everyone else's styles.

i definitely will

about us page (yesthisismyday.com)

Hi friends,

Have you ever wished that your achievements, special moments, experiences, and everything else could be preserved in a more meaningful way?
    Our mission at Yesthisismyday is to make those wishes come true, and we want you to be part of it.
    Become a member of our community, and let us share your creative work, your uniqueness, and your perception of life!
    We hope this place will help you answer questions about who you are, as well as to tell others about your time in history.
    Together we can construct something that has never been seen before in history; a place of life and unforgettable days!

Those are our core values and commitments in developing characters and works here. We want to be able to tell and to share not only our stories but yours also. As we continue our walks, we'll pick up and add more values as well as eliminating unwanted tasks. In order to constantly grow and develop, we need your feedbacks and supports. We also need talented people to join our team.

As you are reading this page, may you find the joy and refreshing you desire in life, may you find yourself of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
    Welcome to Yesthisismyday!

above is my about_us page for yesthisismyday. I'm trying to write a clear mission statement to speak out the purpose of the site, plz advice! thank you!

my favorite so far, the idea is so cute n' adorable, can't believe myself

My advice is that if this gets any closer to being spam I'm going to get rid of it.

And here's another tip...
    Quote Originally Posted by yesthisismyday
    my favorite so far, the idea is so cute n' adorable, can't believe myself
    With you being so obviously pleased with your own work, it's clear that you are only looking for ego strokes and few people will be compelled to jump on your personal feel-good bandwagon.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

dirty flasher
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    My advice is that if this gets any closer to being spam I'm going to get rid of it.

And here's another tip...With you being so obviously pleased with your own work, it's clear that you are only looking for ego strokes and few people will be compelled to jump on your personal feel-good bandwagon.

"i pity the fool who strokes their own ego on this site!"

y.t.i.m.d....quick question...why is that sheep looking thing saying "heavenly sex?" i dont get it.

oy.

i'm thinking LSD was a factor here.

also, on your site...it;s time to fix that ActiveX issue.
    Last edited by LouCyphre; 08-23-2006 at 04:54 PM.

can't believe myself
    Wow. You're so far up your own arse you can probably see daylight through your mouth...

how do u define spam and "getting closer to being spam"?

hey, you guys can hate me, or my works, that's ok!

hey, you guys can hate me, or my works, that's ok!
    lol. thank you for letting us
    It is a shame that colors have names

how do u define spam and "getting closer to being spam"?
    The Flash Kit Main FAQ defines spam as the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Spam Ingredients:
    Although spam is a term that originally referred to unwanted bulk solicitations in email, Flash Kit has expanded this term so as to also include various other types of undesirable content. Simply put, if the only purpose of your post is to promote your product or service…that is considered spam.
    So what that means is if this post sounds any more like an advertisement it will be removed.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

dirty flasher
    can you explain your work a little bit to us?

i, for one, don;t get it...i see that they are fun little doodles, but of what, i'm not sure.
    does it mean something?
    if you;re going to pepper this thread with your work, i'd like to know what it is (if anything) you are trying to get across with your work. if nothing, that;s fine too.
    i'm just trying to understand what;s bouncing around inside that dome of yours.

I say again. There is a sticky thread here exsplicitly for the purpose of showing off your work. Make use of it, as you can see, dedicating a thread purely for the "look at me" factor is not making you any friends.
    Alternatively if you are truly looking for feedback regarding your work I would create a thread in the d&g forum; give some explanation as to what it is youre doing and ask for serious feedback... As this thread stands there is no explination apart fomr blatant self promotion.

it's all about a calendar.
    the very first purpose of the site is to tell, to share and to celebrate individual achievements. There will be a unique calendar for "my/your special moments" and people will register their days to have them posted on the site.
    everyday has unique meaning to us, today can be my birthday, your anniversary, graduation day etc... yesthisismyday wants to be the first place to tell people about you, your stories etc, it can be used to send meaningful gifts, gifts that are special and unique, tell your lovers that you remember, get him/her days that have meanings to them.

what I really want to do is to create a special calendar to tell, to share and to celebrate individual's moments , accomplishment and etc

each day out of 365 days of the year has different and meaningful message to each of us, today can be my day, your day, the day of this and that ....
    is it possible to create something that is worth reading, something is fresh, fun and exciting, something that is actually alive. The calendar of life is what i want to achieve

You can share special things, events that happened to you, changed your thinking or brought you back to life etc

so people can discover special things about all the living wonders around them. Basicly that's the purpose of the site, that's why it's called yesthisismyday. I came up with all these characters to create a sweet and innocent feeling, something that is fictional and adorable. things that r out of reality but still, they r what life is all about. I'm talking about doing meaningful things,things that hundreds years from now still in need.
    I think the idea is so beautiful, so I play the risk spending all my time trying to make it happen, but it wont work unless you guys participate in it, this thing isnt about a small group of individuals.
    Last edited by yesthisismyday; 09-11-2006 at 01:08 AM.

i do not wish to spam but somehow I end up doing so. There r so many things that need to be finished, and i don't have the energy doing all of that. So I continue doing what i'm used to do, which is drawing and posting. It's stupid!
    i want to create something speacial and meaningful, but it takes more than me to accomplish that.
    I'm not an animator/cartoonist etc, I learn to make website, to draw ... just to bring my idea closer to reality.

this makes more sense than what u said before i guess.... But i still dont get what you expect us to say.....
    It is a shame that colors have names