A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: display works for comments and suggestions

FOR NEW STORY, since I make them for fun, I jump from story to story and until now there isnt one finished yet :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    I have to say this has become a source of personal curiosity for me.

Do you remember when I said this? Well, I just wanted to let you know that I've determined that this isn't spam.

I say this because I specifically mentioned that I didn't want this thread to sound any more like an advertisement. Now that it's no longer on spam watch however, you should feel free to post whatever thoughts slip into that strange mind of yours. I don't want to see a bunch of links springing up, but I am curious what will happen if you aren't burdened by my spam concerns.
    forgot to say thank you!

??? Are You people serious? You acctually think these "drawings" are good? First of all I think this person is on some sort of drug, because my 3 year old sister could do a better job on those. That is not art!........Thats my opinion.

c'est moi
    it doesnt have to be art doeboy, you can call it anything you like. I can't draw like your 3 yr old sister, she sees the world the way I dream of. In my opinion, children art is the best kind of all because it's not fake

merry Christmas

LOL...good answer, ytismd. I think your latest are more cute interpretations of their respective themes. You should think about writing a children's book with your friend Brendon. I'm not sure what it would be about, but it seems like that's the direction your heading in.

As for my answer to pilsbury...yeah, I actually do. I didn't know what to make of all this at first, but I've come appreciate the simplicity and innocence of the drawings. They're probably not going to appeal to the 18-35 crowd, but I can see a younger audience really digging these. Nothing wrong with that.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Wow, I guess both of you are on drugs.

Lighten up, doeboy! There's a whole spectrum of artistic achievement! This isn't near the top, by any means, but it's not totally worthless. Isn't one of the more reactionary statements about modern art "a child of six could do it!"...???

I've also gotten to know ytimd a little bit via PM and found a good person. So while everyone's is entitled to an opinion, flaming won't be tolerated. There is plenty of other stuff to look at on the net if you don't find this to your liking.
    mrush

Baby santa looks kinda evil...
    guess its the red "I will kill you, then steal your presents" eyes.

I'm guessing that would be from the visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. His hat does look a little worried, though...
    mrush

I can see a younger audience really digging these. Nothing wrong with that.
    As a matter of fact kids actually prefer complex illustrations over simple ones because they have more details to look at.

As for the drawings, I cant say I like them (because I dont), but im sure that there are people out there that will like them, just like rushvision.
    ??? Are You people serious? You acctually think these "drawings" are good? First of all I think this person is on some sort of drug, because my 3 year old sister could do a better job on those. That is not art!........Thats my opinion.
    Art is not about liking. I dont like the renaissance paintings (from a non technical viewpoint), but that doesnt take away their "art status"
    It is a shame that colors have names

I'm guessing that would be from the visions of sugar plums dancing in his head. His hat does look a little worried, though...
    The hat KNOWS his evil intent!
    MUUUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAa aaaaaaaaaa *pop*
    airlock's a *****

I agree with Akrib on both counts.
    I know that when I was a kid i prefered more in depth images to overly simplified cartoon type drawings.
    As for weather or not this is art: Yesmyday is using these to express an idea / story, to quote Phalluhnik "All art is a self portrait", I dont like it, I think these are rather weak, I dont think his story or idea is strong enough in his illustrations to convey his messate and they are too simple.
    That doesnt mean that he enjoys doing what he does any less, nor will it mean that others might not enjoy this kind of art.
    What would determine to me if Yesmyday has skills however, would be to see some of his other works, such as still lives, detailed drawings.
    When I was studying fine art, my class went to the national art gallery for a showing of "the butcher boys" while we were there, some of the peices on the wall were ... crap (for lack of a better word), so feeling cheeky we pipe up to our lecturer "next time you give me a bad grade on a peice remember this one" (It was a collection of lines drawn in coal on bleached canvass) - Her retort was "This person spent X amount of years learning to draw, he can sketch something in 15 minutes which would make you cry."
    I would like Yesmyday to post a few of his real works, because i dont see that these are conveying any level of skill or acomplishment - Prove to the ney sayers (incliding me)that theres more to you than these images.

Actually I can see these looking great on greeting cards.
    mrush

.... or wrapping paper.
    Things that are easily disposed
    runs

Oddly enough I think that's a pretty good idea. Perfect for a baby shower if you ask me.
    mrush

I was thinking that they fitted greeting cards as well, lol.
    It is a shame that colors have names

Laugh now, all you doubters...but ytimd just might be onto the next pokemon or beanie baby. Like I said, it didn't hit me right away, but I think ytimd's work has a certain 'core appeal' that speaks with a uniquely innocent voice. This stuff isn't for everyone, but it has a niche. If ytimd is smart and/or lucky, he/she will find that niche and squeeze it for all it's worth. And I for one, hope that happens.

Destined for greatness, I'm tellin' ya...

Quote Originally Posted by Natsia
    "This person spent X amount of years learning to draw, he can sketch something in 15 minutes which would make you cry."
    You should have asked why he didn't do that and put that up instead of the crap.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 12-14-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    mrush

he is afraid that baby santa may drop him (that's what in my head, didnt know that people think another way)

all the babies freak me out a bit. but i do like the intent of it all and i must say that the hat looks pretty cute

I do think its art just because of the fact there arnt many people who can create such characters which is the whole defenition of art i think...

i dont know if i make sense so ill stop

things that make sense, most of them r fake. nothing has meaning, we give them meanings and convince folks to agree ( my 2 cents)

plz help me to pick baby bush and baby mona lisa