A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Masks not publishing

Masks not publishing

I just used masking for the first time. The movie has six scenes, each one has some kind of masking effect in it. When I go to test movie or test scene, the masks do not show up. What setting do I have wrong to cause this?

hmm make sure that you have all your masked layers in order!! the actual masking shape should be on top, and that layer should be set to "mask"... then if you take any layers and drag-n-drop them below that, they should be the masked ones. Everything has to be on locked layers (to appear masked while working with them)-- but to play... jsut make sure that you have your layers in order and that the top masking layer is set to mask... hope this helps! it can be a little complicated when you get started, so keep trying

still stumped

I do have the masked object layer on top and all layers are locked. It works fine when I just run the scenes on the stage, but still when I export a scene or the whole movie the masks do not show up.

Any other ideas?

Perhaps you could upload it and let us take a look at it.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).