A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moving a animation?

{RESOLVED}Moving a animation?

ok so ive created a animation with buttons which go and play a short clip for that button e.g. button says dogs plays images of dogs then goes back to menu.

But i created this seperatly from the rest of the page :duh: and it takes up 9 layers now i need to group all of this into one movie clip somehow and make sure nothing mucks up and the buttons still work.

I then need to be able to import it into the actual site and move it around

Any help would be appreciated

edit: resolved
    Last edited by L33t_ScottY; 08-07-2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: resolved

What is wrong with 9 layers? If you think your timeline gets disorganized, place those clips into a folder and call them menu.
    To transfer from one movie to another just hilite all of them and form a group under Modify - Group. Then copy and paste. In your new movie ungroup.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

sorry im a noob ive got tutorials on creating as website but whats hilite ? how do i hilite all of them ?

You either click on all of them or use the black arrow tool in the tool menu and circel all clips.

OK im doing something wrong and i dont know what in the file with the animation movie clips etc i can put all of them into a folder then i can select the 9 layers in the folder click group, it brings a thing up next to scene 1 saying group so i take it that its grouped them then i click on the folder i have to do Ctrl+C to copy beacuse its greyed out in the menu :S then i go to the other file and paste Ctrl+V onto a frame, as it wont paste to a folder. the blue box appears as the correct size around he animation like a symbol but thats it there is just 1 frame 1 layer i cannot ungroup and it doesnt play :S

1. You click on each movieclip on stage and have the shift key down (mac). Then you group, copy and paste. You have to paste all of them in one frame first.

2. or you click on all frames and push the mouse. A window will open and you choose "copy frames", go to your new movie and push the mouse down in a frame and then click "paste frames".

Check the flash help files for this if it does not work. I have a mac and on a PC it is probably slightly different.

well now i have the frames in the new file in a folder all the buttons work.. BUT all of the animations etc are at the top of the stage because the document size was smaller and i want all of them at the bottom how do i move each one together as grouping doesnt seem to work :S

Close the folder and drag it down. You need to play around a little bit with flash to learn some basic techniques.