A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash site viewing small on PC

Flash site viewing small on PC

I have designed a v8 Flash site for a client. The site is 700px wide by 400 high. I authored and am viewing on a Mac using both IE and Safari as my browsers. I posted the site last night, and received an email from my client telling me that the site is viewing very small in his browser. I have viewed it on five computers this morning (two Macs and three PC's) and it views perfectly on all. Is there a browser setting that he needs to adjust to make the site view properly on his computer. I believe he's using IE as his browser - don't ask me what version although I have an email into him for that info.

Thanks to all in advance for the input -
    sleepydad

Can you post a link so we can check with our browsers? I recall a similar thing happening, while using Geoff Stearns SWFObject to embed the swf, but I forget what the problem was. Possibly something in the css tags . . .

works fne for me.

Great site too

Looks fine, but a fixed dimension site is just that. If he is viewing it on a very large monitor, and 700px by 400px is only a small portion of his screen, it would seem very small. The vast majority of monitors today are at least 1024x768, especially if your site targets a high-tech audience. You might need to make the site larger, or even take it full screen if your graphics quality/bandwidth of visitors would allow it. For this customer, creating a site to accomodate the needs of the oldest/slowest computers might not be the right way to go?

Thanks Everyone

Thanks to all for the input. I think that the bottom line was that the client expected the site to fill his browser window when it was posted. I finally got him to sign off on the project when I pointed out the bandwidth scenario. I'm good to go.

Thanks again -
    sleepydad