A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paypal fees!

Paypal fees!

I haven't done much with paypal on the receiving end so this is all new to me. As some of you may have seen in my footer I have gone to the extent of Gerbick and have set up my own type of campaign with a goal, a 30D. I didn't think anything of it just as a joke like his started off to be. But someone actually has already donated $1.00, thanks Tom . But my question is, I recieved the $1.00 but in my account it says $.66. There was a $.34 transfer fee. Is that on all transfer or how does that work?

off to read terms and services.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

It depends on what type of account you have. That's really high. I got payed $20 once, and they only took 22 cents out of it...

I have a basic Verified account. What type of account do you have? I have always just used it to send out money. I have various CC and my one checking account linked to it along with my newly added PayPal Plus credit card(never going to use I bet). I have had a few times where I recieved money and it cost me nothing to send the funds to my bank just 2-3 days to clear it. Don't remember such a high transfer fee FROM the person though.

*edit*
    Looked at my account again on the top it says Premier Account Overview.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-11-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Google Ads is where it's at, my friend.

How does that work? Say we get a few members here to sign up with it and every day (twice a day), member 1 clicks member 2's ad, member 2 clicks member 3's ad, and so on until the last person clicks member 1's ad, thus creating an equal contribution circle of sorts. Does Google have some way of linking references to see if something like that is being done?

But to be fair to Google, we actually have to spend 5 minutes looking over the site we clicked on. Hell, give it a site critique if you want to. That's how we could justify it.

I've been wanting to eBeg too, but didn't want to rain on anyone else's parade.
    Last edited by Genesis F5; 08-11-2006 at 01:41 PM.

i think gerbick is making most of the money through the ad's no?
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

66¢... That really sucks...

It's a start

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    A better idea would be to put everyone's ads on one page and everyone clicks on ALL the ads once per day. Do not list names of who's ad is who's.....that way everyone gets a bigger and equal share.

This would take all of 5 minutes out of one's day...

Cool! I think we should do that. We have enough responsible members here. It'd be a fun little project to help some of us along.

im game,
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

I am all for this. Anyone want to start this going and host?

We can make it a cult...I mean fun gathering of people to help eachother out. We can put the links in our footers, and once a day visit the site and click and browse all the sites. Since I am going for a 30D we can put in terms for a 30D on the page to return the right kind of ads, and add whatever other terms to whatever anyone else is trying to get. Or does that go against any of the rules?

I'll go. I put that I wanted a new computer, but that's just cuz I wasn't being creative.

What do you mean you put you wanted a new computer? Where did you put it

You all do realize they can see where all the clicks are from and will see that it's just a giant ad page. I think you would be hard pressed to argue that this was anything proper.

SAMedia Blog (general bs) :: jwinmedia (my music site)
    "Think of an advertisement where the product you're marketing is Jesus!"
    -From a work for hire ad

I can host it.....I'll just hide it on my father's site that doesn't get any traffic.

We need to get a standard for the ads. I want this to be fair and even, so no one says "this person was an ******* to me the other day and I am not going to click on their ads...blah, blah, blah...". So I want them all to look the same.

Once we get that then you guys can PM me your code and your GENERIC blurb. I will mix them up and put them all on one page. When everyone has given me their code and blurb I will give you the link to the page. Simple, easy, and fair...

Now get to work...!

Instead of putting it all on one page - why not create a page where it all can be seen... all of the people with ads?

If you were to pull together the ads like that, you might get disqualified.

Oh, and Google Ads pays VERY slowly... have to get that first 100.00, then the rest... I've just gotten my first month of payment from June not too long ago.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Actually that sounds like better idea. Host your own and I'll host the combined page.

We still need to agree on a format for the ads.

Ok... I'm seriously thinking about helping create this eBegging ring.

btw, wannabe, I had to donate. Good luck on your goal. I'm about to change mine. Just had a friends MacBook over the last two days... and native apps were speedy, until I had to move them around... then it got sluggish as hell. And I didn't like that.

Might switch up to the Mac Pro desktop instead... replace my 6 year old G4 Cube. I'm halfway there.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

sweet, i've got a wedding i have to pay for...i'm in.

Alright so what is the plan now? We host our own page or we still doing the holy grail of adsense FK page? Combination?

When you go to sign up for adsense(what I am about to do) you have to supply a website url...just wondering what is going on before I finish this.
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-11-2006 at 03:41 PM.

I'm in too.

Also, ill gladly help with the design part of things (read: design).
    Edit: Btw, they took about $15 off when I made a transaction of $360. Greedy lil bastards!