A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fading Filter effect in Button

Fading Filter effect in Button

After a long time away from Flash (not really touched it since version 4) I decided I had better get over hating it and back into it as it seemed silly to dismiss it completely. Anyway, on to my problem...

I want to create a button that is blurred (using the Flash 8 Pro filters), once you roll-over it becomes un-blurred (this I can do), but how do I make it so the effect fades off, I just can't get my head around it for some reason. I am betting it is a pretty simple solution.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for that, I can't work out how to get it to work with the blurFilter for some reason though. I think I must be missing something. Probably should walk away from it for now. Thanks again though.

You could adjust the blur x/y amounts through actionscript. have it start at your default amount, then on enter frame or whatever event you want to trigger the loop it would then subtract an amount from the current blur amount (blur-=.5 etc... etc...)
    Hope this helps?

I managed to sort it, using the MCTween extension thing. Not quite how I wanted to do it, but it worked. All part of the learning curve I guess, I'll get around to doing it manually some day. Thanks for all the suggestions.