A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: who dont have the flash player? the client of course

Hybrid View

Talking who dont have the flash player? the client of course

Have you ever been in this situation?

Solved all your problems with video using components in Flash 8, the project is all cool, but...
    This is a multimidia project that will be delivered in CD, for people that are not connected in the internet and of course dont have the last flashplayer.

Do you know if i can put a error message or a button to offer the installation of the flashplayer 8 from the cd?

Or any other way?

Gracias!

crossconscious
    Well, I'm pretty sure you can't launch an installer from within the flash application, but you might be able to include an autorun.inf file that checks for the existance of the latest player (not sure how to do that) and then launches the installer when necessary.
    An autorun.inf file is an instructions-file that gets executed when a cd-rom is inserted, in case you didn't know. Here's some information about it : http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm

Another option would be to make an executable from your application, with a tool like zinc.

When using a CD for delivery, I always use the stand-alone Projector. It is an executable that contains everything needed to play the Flash presentation.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    When using a CD for delivery, I always use the stand-alone Projector. It is an executable that contains everything needed to play the Flash presentation.
    Ditto

Northcode in the Standalone forum is our resident Kiosk guru. Might be worth stopping in there

Thank you everybody, this is the answer I would like to heard.
    I suspect this, cause all the computers I did the test with the windows projector worked very well, and probably they didnt have the pluggin.

Now I´m sure.