A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Just wondering

Just wondering

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about a program that could take the swf. files and turn them into an fla. i remember reading something about it though i don't remember what it was called. caught my interest. thx.
    matthew thomas

In the future, please pay careful attention to where you post. This was removed from the News Forum - a forum dedicated to announcements about Flash and Flash related items for the Flashkit community.

Anyway, what you're looking for is commonly called a decompiler and I believe that So-think (could be one word) has a one that's quite inexpensive and works quite well from my understanding.

Discussions about decompilers though, the ethics behind them is quite "shady" at times, but every now-and-then, it's understandable that you might have lost the original *.fla and need to recreate it. But make sure the discussion stays "clean" and you're not requesting to convert work that's not yours. Thanks in advance.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

huh?
    Last edited by aussieboy; 10-09-2006 at 01:04 PM.
    matthew thomas

Quote Originally Posted by aussieboy
    huh?
    1.) ******* Decompiler is the name/software you seek. (Or one of many)
    2.) If your using it to steal (images, audio, code, video) from a .swf that isnt yours, DON'T bring that non-sense around here. the majority of people here believe that to be border line warez/priate/intellectual property talk. "IF" you are needign tis because you lost the .fla to your OWN project.. then proceed. (see #1 above)

Things to note: some decompilers do NOT convert back to .fla correctly. Sometimes code is missing, external .as code is also not there either (I believe)

take care

edit: it is 'censoring' So Think?? (1 word)