A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HDR Thread ::Official::

I just tried the new Beta of Photomatix. If you didn't already buy it, I suggest you get the latest Beta release. I only used the tiral version a few times before, but this has tonemapping and a new screen right in it. Very nice.

Does the Beta act as a trial though and give you those crap water marks?
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Ya, unfortunately. I didn't see it at first, cause it was a light color up high and left, where some clouds were.

Here's my first ho-hum attempt outside;

Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 08-22-2006 at 03:41 PM.

Anyone else notice that the title says "56k warming" ?

Not bad Geezer, I am guessing you did this the "real" way with 3 different expsoures?(ghosting of leaves on trees) Very nice first image though. I really want to get this process down.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

thats my bad spelling for you

Actually I used 7 shots. Running them through Photmatix strips the EXIF data though, but I used Manual control at f-11, then changed the speed up 3 settings, then down 3 from normal exposure. There was no wind, but the sky was totally overcast and gray.

I was following this tutorial from your link a few posts back. Starts about half way down this page, and uses a preverious version of Photomatix, so I winged it.

I think the ghosting on the leaves comes from camera shake. I left the remote cord inside, and didn't bother using the delay for the shutter. Oh well, I learned something. I wanted this shot though, cause I was checking colors blue and green and wanted to see what the sky would do here. And I've seen some great output of light off metal, but my dirty old cars prolly don't reflect any of that through the dirt.
    Last edited by Ask The Geezer; 08-22-2006 at 04:06 PM.

That is a very Interesting article...that I just so happened to skim through

I just used those same 7 shots in a new render from Photomatix. I think I'll move this over to your new thread and post that one there.

This image was blended together after each layer was individually played with in PS changing colors and the contrast and dodging and burning...I need to try that!...once I get good normal HDR's

Author of photo is: http://www.flickr.com/photos/79649916@N00/
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 08-23-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Here's the second render using the 7 original shots as before.

Wow. I need to learn more about PS.

Not bad again Geezer. Looking at it for a while it almost has the feel of an old film print that has been thrown around from box to box over the years. Which is a good thing

Unfortunatley, I'm subject challenged where I live. Everything just seems so ordinary around here, unless your really into modern day farm country stuff. LOL

We do have an old abandoned farm, just on the other side of the creek hidden in that treeline you see in the far distance of the above shot. But, it's posted. I'm going to catch the owners, next time I see their car down there at the bridge, and ask if I can go back there and shoot. Absolutely great places for picture taking back there.

Then play with it more! There are so many different ways to look at photoshop. I mean I have seen people use photoshop(hell even flash) with a wacom tablet and use it like a blank canvas and make amazing art from scratch(bastards!) but what I see when I look at photoshop is a tool that I can use to better my photos. The first step is TAKING good photos to start with, then learn to tweak and make them 'POP' more and then after you think you have mastered that it is all wide open to experiment with whatever you want. So now that you have a decent camera it is time to master it and go out there and start creating your canvas's for your photo art.

or you can be like me and try do play with everything at once and master nothing haha

All of this guys photos are amazing http://www.flickr.com/photos/79649916@N00/

Search for that thread about "What The Heck Journal" I posted about a week ago now. That guy uses HDR images for most of his "base" images for his blog.

HDR is the new crack for photographers.

The guy at "What The Heck Journal" has been posting image from abandoned buildings lately. I love those types of photos. Especially if you have a establishing shot to know the area and then a series of close ups of objects. There is tons of places like that in VT around me. One is even about a 2 minute drive. My mom loves that kind of stuff and finally after 5-6 years of living around here we stopped and went in about a month ago. I think I will have to go back and take some snaps.

or you can be like me and try do play with everything at once and master nothing haha
    Yup, you just pushed my button there. I'm just so excited with this new camera I can't think straight. I figure I'm about a week away from having every function and button memorized so I don't have to think about it anymore and can concentrate on stuff further away than my two hands.

I had that Kodak P880 for about two months, and now with the D30, I think I'm just about at the point I was with the 880 when I traded.

But PS has always driven me nuts. None of the menus are in the right places and they are named wrong for a true Windows user. LOL

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    It is now Official...

...so sayeth EVP.

Some hdrs of my girlfriends car.

dont think they turned out as the ones i posted of my car but think there worth posting

So, I guess it's the shine that makes that work?

i guess your right, bearing in mind it was such a gray overcast day i think they turned out pretty well