A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac test

Mac test

Testing time..

Ok, after finding a long and extended battle with safari and javascript, I think I finally have screen captures working on the Mac. Now, since no one here, including myself, is a mac expert, and the only machine we have is an Old G3 350mh, we have not testing this completely.

So I ask the Mac community here if you can go to this site and perform a screencapture. (Click on the icon that looks like a camera)
    What should happen is;
    A java applet should load,
    Then safari should resize itself to the upper right corner of the screen,
    The java applet will then capture an image of you desktop (and anything that is open on it),
    You can then crop out a section or send the whole image to the server,
    Then safari should resize (800x600) for now.
    Then the image should load into the meeting.

For whatever reasons, firefox will crash when I try to run ANY java applet, so I have no idea if this will work on firefox or not.
    Could people please try this out and let me know if it work or if not. And what OS and Browser you were using.

You do have to register for this though, sorry, there is no easy way around that. It's free though. And you do not need a credit card or anything else like that.

Thanks for the help!

- trying to support the mac -

Vyew Management.

http://vyew.com/prerelease
    Talking to yourself is one thing, arguing with yourself is another, arguing with yourself and losing is a clear sign of psychosis.

i cilciked on teh bottom link but cant find a camera icon

did you log into the applicaition? There is a link that says 'start vyew 2.0'. Remember you have to be registered or that function will not work.

Here is a direct link assuming you have log'ed in.

www.vyew.com/pre.php
    Talking to yourself is one thing, arguing with yourself is another, arguing with yourself and losing is a clear sign of psychosis.

ahh sorry ddint log in, hold on ill try it now

yea works fine for me, a bit hard to get my head around at first, maybe have some instructions or a info button on screen somewhere. but after the first time, its easy to use

no idea why i would use this but im sure it serves some purpous, but yea it works in safari.

Oh, basically its a free online collaboration program. So if anyone else was in your meeting, they would have seen your screenshot. There is more info here...

vyew.com

Thanks. What OS version were you using?

im useing mac osx 10.4.7

ahh im getting the point of it now

ok. Thanks. The next step for me is the get the desktop share to work on the mac. Hopefully it will be the same solution.

Ta

PVN