A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MP3 - help requested

Super Moderator
    I think I can implement MP3. I could use a little help. Can someone send me a small MP3 file and a swf made with the MP3 file (all zipped please) to bob@koolmoves.com. Is the first version of Flash to use MP3 version 4?

Smile

I'm no help here. All of my sound stuff has been imported as wav files. (But I didn't want you to think I was reading this post and just ignoring your request.)

Super Moderator
    Flash 4 can export MP3 but cannot import MP3. Flash 5 can do both.

Okay Bob, I downloaded the trial version of Flash 5 so I can make you a sample. I'll get those to you tonight and then delete that monstrosity off of my computer. My hat's off to you, you got it (the GUI) right.

Super Moderator
    No need Johnie. Richard did it for me. I am close to MP3 capability but not there yet.

Okay.

Go for it Bob!!! We are all counting on ya!!!

Johnnie,..I agree with you on that monstrosity, but unfortunately,..I own it and have it on my system because my previous job demanded it. Now that I'm with FedEx and making double the money with the authority to use "what I want," I may be ridding myself of that Macromedia nightmare!! I'm still waiting for either Swish 2.0, Insane 1.2, or KoolMoves to give me the "whole package" offering that I'm looking for. They are very close!!! Kool Moves is actually a different beast so to speak,..but it needs audio badly!! Swish needs drawing/scaling/editing features badly and Insane is almost there on all counts!!

Believe me,..I cannot wait to jump away from Macromedia.

Note: FYI: Moho no longer supports exporting to .swf!!! Any version from this point forward will not support it. this is due in part to some problems they have had with the shading and other finer editing features playing havic with that format.

Moho brought it back I think. Animation stand dropped their support of the SWF format though. My guese would be that these animation programs are dropping the SWF format becuase the users are expecting the SWF export to be as detailed as the Raster formats (AVI, QT, or MPG).

Kool Moves has Audio but it is limited right now to wav. The SWF Sound Format is really MP3 but disguised with a different name so that they don't get sued. I will try to find the documentation on that- I've seen it before.

You may be right,...but after purchasing Moho yesterday,..and a subsequent download proceeded to inform me that .swf was no longer supported, I generally made this assumption.

Yeah,..I understand about that .wav thang!

Super Moderator
    MP3 will be in the next version. It is basically working.