A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: star trails (advice)

You check ebay? Some people don't trust it but I just got my 20D remote switch for $11 shipped. I got it 3 days after bidding.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I use my remote a lot more than I would have imagined I would. Strange to think I got by without one for so long.

I know what you mean about the weather not cooperating. Been nice and sunny here for a couple weeks. Now that I got a lens that needs more light, it's raining out.

Now this is what I am looking for!

Credit:
    http://www.dpchallenge.com/challenge...MAGE_ID=391779
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

slinky2000 is getting my remote today from Jessops, as hes up that way, was going to order it last night on the web but they said it would take 2 weeks do deliver, so thought itsw better to just get it from the shop

if it says cloudy imay not have many star pics but deffo will have some nice night shots

well flip me got a call todday at work sying my 2 remotes are in, only 4 weeks after ordering them. picked it up earlier, really small only one button, but works great, will have some pics up tonight as its nice and clear, dont know how good they will be but ill do nothing but try any way.

on yea got 2, one for me and 1 for slinky2000, he owes me the money now lol

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Congrats!! Now put them to use!!

My cheapy little one works for what I want right now. But damn there is a reason it cost so little. When I have it on bulb mode and need to lock up my mirror sometimes part way through the button will just release...piece of crap.

I think for xmas I am going to ask for that really nice $120 remote I really want to do more time lapses and having to have it hooked to my computer is really limiting.

*edit*
    Damn I just wasted my "official" 1000 post on a camera remote

I was afraid that the $10 Canon/Taiwan remote I got was going to be junk too, but it's well made and works dependably. It has a very solid little slide lock for bulb and depress button in the handle that also is capable of a half way press to autofocus the Canon. I thought thats the same one you got?

i got the nikon ML-3 remote from halfords, just 1 button, sems to work a treat, it was £14.99, on my 3rd 10 minute exposure of the night, will have the pics up or the good ones up when i finish for the night.

just trying to get the settings right at the moment

heres the 2 best pics i got from tonight,

i know there not the best ever pics but just trying to know what levels and appature to put the camera on to get the best pics, not bad for my first proper time.

all as i did was some auto levels in photoshop to bring them out a bit

im getting a compus tomorro to find the north star.
    Last edited by phil-ray; 10-13-2006 at 07:59 PM.

lookin good phil!

How long was the exposure for these?

10minutes I think he told me

yea they where both around 10 15 minutes, was a sat night and had a few drinks in me so i could be abit out on the time. beem cloudy since that night so ill have to figure out a nother way to play with my ability for very long exposures