A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Green Screen Effect - How To Accomplish It?

Hybrid View

The Green Screen Effect - How To Accomplish It?

I know the basic principles of how a green screen works. You film something with a green screen behind it, and then on the computer delete the green part and put the background you want on the layer behind it. What I need to know is how to accomplish this with flash. I can make the background, and make the foreground with the green screen behind it, but how do I delete the green part from the video? That's the question. Can anyone help me with this? Many great thanks to anyone that can help.

Sorry.. i take you are talking in reference to FLV in flash?
    If this is the case then this is a great tut off devnet for chroma-keying in flash..
    Just remember to pay particular attention to lighting though.. You obviously want to ensure that your BG is one flat colour..

Hope this helps

FlashJZM

The Cheesey way to do it...

There's a simple cheesey way to do this. Import the video into flash as a movieclip/graphic. In the movieclip/graphic add another layer, and turn it into a mask layer. Add X blank keyframes for X frames of the video. In each blank keyframe, draw a mask that covers the character in the film. When you put the movieclip/graohic on the stage and test the movie, it should only show the character, and not the green background in the film. On the stage, simply add a layer underneath the layer w/ the movieclip/ grphc and add the bkgd of your choice. And there u have it (again, looks kinda cheesy though)

Generally this is done by keying in After Effects and then exporting it with an alpha channel.