A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Embedding Window Media Player in Movie?

Embedding Window Media Player in Movie?

Hi,

This may be a stupid question and I have been out of Flash development for a bit. I have a project where I need to build a Flash movie that incorporates a Windows Media Player as part of the movie. I've seen this done a number of times but I can't find any info on how to do it!? (www.hgtv.com/hgtv/video_guide/ is a good example)
    I know that using Flash video is the preferred solution but the client has a ton of content that is encoded for Windows Media and wants WMP to be a part of the movie....
    Any links or suggestions would be really great. I am currently running Flash MX - upgrading to a newer version is not an issue if needed.

TIA

Mike
    One Step

FK Slacker
    On that page, the Windows Player is not inside the Flash - it is in a div that overlays the Flash content...

You can't play back any video formats except FLV within Flash...

K.

Thanks - I was so dead set on believing that it was embeded that I did not look for the obvious - you are 100% correct. Thanks....

Now if anyone has an answer to a follow up - I can get WMP to display on top of Flash (by creating a div's for both the Flash and WMP objects).
    BUT for some reason I only get the actual video to display on top of Flash. WMP controls and WMP border, etc. do not appear when WMP is on top of Flash player - when I move WMP outside of Flash player everything is there.
    Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Mike
    One Step