A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got A New Lens Comming...

Actually, I got to test a ringlight a couple weeks ago. Not a real flash one though, it was an 'always on' white LED thing for the Canon 50mm Macro lens. Screwed right into the filter ring. I didn't like it cause it isn't bright enough. About all it was good for was fill, in already bright light.

I just ordered a Canon 550EX though, ships out today, and I found a nice old used grip for the camera and flash at the camera store for $7.

I got the off camera show cord yesterday, so I'm about ready for some serious Macro now.

How much did you get the 550 for?

I have my eye on the 580
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Got it at Adorama.com for $299. It's all I'm going to need. Not sure about that 580. I think all it does over the 550 is it works with EF-S lenses, which I don't have. I may be wrong though.

I am not sure which direction I want to go after my walk around lense. As I do not have a niche in photography yet I want a decent lense in all areas. I want to try out macro...but I also want a UWA lense like that sexy sigma 10-20
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I have to admit it, I never was and never will be good at composing landscape shots, or much of anything else for that matter. But macro is good for people like me. Almost anything you shoot thats in focus, is going to be of interest to a lot of people.

Plus, it has the added benefit of being a sedentary sort of thing. You don't have to run, you don't have to get shot at or put up with people. About the worst you have to do is carry some heavier gear and then sit in one spot for awhile. Great for the boomer duffers like me. LOLOL

I was actually on that site looking at stuff people were selling and then seeing that you bought something from there got me to go back and REALLY look. Went 10 pages back(2 weeks worth) all the good stuff goes way to fast...That is going to be one of my multiple times a day whore site now so I can catch a good deal.

looking for that 50mm 1.4 now

That is going to be one of my multiple times a day whore site now
    Join the crowd. I'm in there looking several times a day also. They also have a wanted to buy section.

It's good though, when I have something to sell, I know where to post it, and best of all, it's free and the Mods keep it cleaned out and moving along.

Some of these things I don't get why people are selling. Like they are THE lenses to have...

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    Some of these things I don't get why people are selling. Like they are THE lenses to have...
    you now what they always say....."The grass is always greener..."

Ha, yeah, I'm waiting till someone realizes he bought the 30D and really wanted the 1D.

Who?

Was just walking around with the camera...I am loving it!

Who is right. There probably aren't many. Maybe then, someone who got the 30D, then hit the lotto and bought the 1D and wants to just unload the 30D for cheap?

In a perfect world, I would have just that amount, and be the first one to see the ad.

Was just walking around with the camera...I am loving it!
    Pics please...

I might have some tonight but I need to go shower, lady friend is on her way and my room is gone...

I saw a 30D with a grip and 2 batteries end for $1100 on ebay...All mine cost $1143

Still happy!!!

You can get them new for $939.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z
    I saw a 30D with a grip and 2 batteries end for $1100 on ebay...All mine cost $1143
    Holy crap the US is cheap! You're looking at around $1200 just for a 2nd hand 20D body over here.

I may have to take my A1 on a trip to NYC before the year is out

B&H meetup?
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

I don't get it. I've seen UK prices the same as US prices, but in Pounds. What's the Pound worth now, compared to the dollar? So you are paying way more.

I bet the difference is tariff's.

You could prolly fly over, get the cam, and fly back for less and get a trip thrown in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    I don't get it. I've seen UK prices the same as US prices, but in Pounds. What's the Pound worth now, compared to the dollar? So you are paying way more.

I bet the difference is tariff's.

You could prolly fly over, get the cam, and fly back for less and get a trip thrown in.

That is what I am saying!

I will go to B&H....I wanna touch lenses...

that sound wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Ask The Geezer
    I sat on the B&H site and made a cart of everything I wanted at the time... came to £1600. The same on a UK site totalled at over £2200.

So... NYC in the winter it is!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

I'll be there buying new glass by then hopfeully. Keep us posted.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    I may have a trip or two to NYC in the not so distant future as well. Might not be a bad idea.