i apologize if this topic has been beaten to death, but i've searched all over, and while i've found a lot of great resources and examples, i couldn't quite find exactly what i needed...

basically i want to load movie clips sequentially for an image gallery, and hide them until i want to use them. this way the viewer can see ones that are loaded, and while they're looking it can load others so they're ready later instead of loading them individually. i've seen some great examples using MovieClipLoader that make it really easy to load jpg's and control their properties after they've loading using the onLoadComplete.

but what i can't find out how to do is how i can control other movie clips on the stage using the onLoadComplete, except for one time only, usually after the first jpg is loaded. in simplest terms, i have some boxes on the stage i want to use as buttons to load the jpgs, and at the beginning i have their alpha levels set to 50%. So, when the MovieClipLoader completes loading a jpg, I want the appropriate thumbnail box alpha to tween up to 100% to let the user know it has been loaded. Hopefully that makes sense.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks very much!!!