A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School shooting... in Montreal?

School shooting... in Montreal?

Initial reports indicated that as many as four people, including two gunmen, had been killed, but Yvan Delorme, chief of Montreal Police Services, said only the single gunman was killed. Police were looking for other possible suspects, he said.
    read more here...

The world is truly going to hell.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

They're reporting that people have just been wounded on the news here... No deaths, apart from the gun man.

23:27 here...

nah... its right by my office
    One 20 year old girl is dead and 20 others wounded while 6 are between life and death.
    There not sure yet if its one or 3 person that went in..

Anyway.. everybody is prety shocked here.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

Quote Originally Posted by atRax
    nah... its right by my office
    One 20 year old girl is dead and 20 others wounded while 6 are between life and death.
    There not sure yet if its one or 3 person that went in..

Anyway.. everybody is prety shocked here.
    Wow... scary... anyone know anything of the guy who did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Markp.com
    Wow... scary... anyone know anything of the guy who did it?
    He is 25 years old and Canadian Origin. ... they just send this on the French network.
    Last edited by atRax; 09-13-2006 at 10:10 PM.
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    25 year old guy, originally from Sri Lanka, hated the world, posted all his death threats on vampirefreaks.com, hobbies included playing columbine school masacre on the internet as cnn now reports.

So yeah.. saw some of chaos.. and met some of the survivors.. they had scary stories to tell. (I'm a Concordia univerisity student... like 5 minutes walk from Dawson.. so most of the Dawson students came to our campus)

Some of them were still dressed in shorts and tshirts or less for gym class, so the uni provided them with sweaters, food, etc. (I had nothing to do with that, just thought it was worth a mention cause it was one of the few nice things that happenned that day)

So,,,,

Wait
    He's fully armed, spends his time playing shooter video games. Goes into a crowded area and can only take out one person?

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    So,,,,

Wait
    He's fully armed, spends his time playing shooter video games. Goes into a crowded area and can only take out one person?

sounds like someone that uses an aim-bot
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

because video games are so like real life.....

This is still severely screwed up in my opinion. I just don't get it... where are the parents to pull intervention on this kind of attitude?

yup is totally screwed up. he was 25 though, so parents might not have had much to do with him in the last few years..... but even so, you don't generally go from nice happy boy to psycho gunman in the space of a few year.

Well, I get that he was 25. But... you know, parents even at that age can curb that kind of behavior. Or at least a positive role model somewhere for the dude... a lot of times, it's all of seeing some trends before they get this bad.

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Apparently he had a blog up (which is down now) and a profile on vampirefreaks.com (which was removed)...
    http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Nat...4/1838830.html

Too many psychos...
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    In 1989 a gunman in Montreal killed 14 girls at a school then shot himself.

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    The events of 24 August 1992 at Concordia University in Montreal, when five people were shot, four of them dying ...

Like I said... going to hell. Not that any of this is new... it still just lowers my expectations in humanity that much more each time I hear it

I'm with gerbs on that.

It seems that those who think the apocolypse is around the corner because of newer tragedies have a short memory of past atrocities.

It makes one ponder the definitions of humane and inhumane as humans are present in both types of acts.

its all part of a civilisation cycle

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    parents even at that age can curb that kind of behavior. Or at least a positive role model somewhere for the dude... a lot of times, it's all of seeing some trends before they get this bad.
    - Yes I agree - parents and close friends do play a very important role in moulding you.
    Psycho girls too have a wrong influence. Beware Gerbs !
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

silly rabbit. psycho girls are merely for bedroom conquests!