A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Development portfolio

Allan Jardine

Development portfolio

Hello all,

I'm currently coming to the end of my current (student) contract, and starting to look for 'real' work. I'm planning to head into the web-developer side of things, and I several site and tools behind me. However, I 'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions about how to layout a development portfolio, rather than a design on. The idea of the portfolio lies rather on the front end side of things showing of the UI, where as for a developer much of the magic happens behind the scenes. I have a UI side portfolio at the moment, but it doesn't really impress on the development side of things.

Any ideas or suggestions would be warmly welcomed!

Thanks
    A

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    as an employer, I would say make it easy to read and navegate, and highlight EXACTLY what you did in each example of work that you add to your portfolio.

best of luck

Allan Jardine
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I think I plan to redesign my current portfolio as it is a little lack-luster, and rather blurred on focus between design and development. I know this could be construed as shameless self-promotion (its not - I promise) - but my portfolio is located at http://www.sprymedia.co.uk/portfolio - should anyone fancy commenting on it.

Thanks
    Allan