A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Looping a sound with no delay

Looping a sound with no delay

I'm working on a site, and I want the music in it to loop. The original sound file had a slight flat delay before any sound, this caused a slight sound gap between loops, whereas when it looped for about half a second there was no sound.

So i went about editing the sound file, so there was no flat line before it started. I did this and saved it. But when I import it into Flash, it seems to create a sound gap.

So basically, im asking is there anyway to get rid of this so the loops are seemless?

(i am assuming that you are using mp3) i am under the impression that when an mp3 is created there is a slight delay or gap in the sound at the begining of the file. no amount of editing will remove it. one fumbling way round it is to work out the delay - maybe even build in a bit m ore delay in and then start your sound a second or so in from the begining. might not work - but then again it might

Yeah it's an mp3, would it create a delay with a wav file? I'm at work so i cant test it.

How would you go about starting the sound slightly in, from the beginning?

Thanks for the help

by the looks of your picture you are using the timeline to play the mp3 - could you start the playhead on frame 3 (or wherever is suitable) instead of frame 1?
    i dont think - but not absolutely sure - that wav files do this - the downside of using wav is that it is much bigger than mp3.

A Flurry of Activity

asdf

And you cant use wavs in flash <_<
    maximum width 300 no more maximum hieght 40 no more not interchangable