A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Time is on my side"

Nikonist

"Time is on my side"

This title of a Rolling Stones song comes into my mind when I look at this shot...
    http://www.blogmusik.net/?urlIdSong=117014

Any other suggestion welcome! :bigwink:

Title:Time
    Description:streetphotography
    Resolution:750x542 72 dpi
    Camera info (Camera, Lenses, Aperture, Shutter Speed):Nikon D 70S, 28-200 Sigma, f5,0, 1/15s freehand!
    Use:copyright
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

to be honest- this shot just doesn't stand out for me. i don't think it's one of your best. the metal bar down the right handside is off-putting (especially as it slices through the text). also the fact that the top of the tram(?) is not parallel with the top of the photo makes it look a bit off. these are just my opinions though.....

i do like the colours though
    the inside of the tram(?) looks warm and inviting while the outside looks cold. not sure if that's what you were aiming for- but i like that.

Nikonist
    In regard to the metal bar...it is a lamp post which I could not remove and the top of the tram is not paralell because of the perspective...I do agree with you though!
    It was the situation which attracted me...the old man sitting there for almost 10 min ...waiting...finally the tram departed...it was kind of a strange moment, he was there all by himself and nothing happened really...
    Thank you for the comment
    !!Click on your own risk!!

Experience is a wonderful thing, it enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again!

www.ajs-design.de

yeah lamposts are a bugger to move. really heavy

The perspective doesn't bother me at all. And I don't mind the bar, although it is slightly distracting it does kind of guide your eye up to the top of the train which leads you back to the subject.

On a whole I really like the feel of it. The colours are great and you got the vibe of the moment across very nicely

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Sorry, I have to agree with Carly on this one frex. Maybe try re-cropping the original photo? Not sure how to tell you to change it though.