A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: very basic swift 3d question

very basic swift 3d question

Hi there,i recently purchased swift 3d v4.5 on my mac. I can't seem to make my logo spin.I thought the way to do it was to drag the animation preview box on to my logo but nothing happens.Can anyone help me out plz

After you drag and drop the animation onto the object, simply hit the play button in the timeline to view the animation. That's a way to quickly preview. Or hit the Animate Button and then drag the timeline indicator to the right to force the animation to advance.

Hope that helps.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

that doesn't seem to work either.I can drag drop to change the colour on my logo and i've seen video tutuorials of of them drag dropping the animation aswel and they hit the play button to preview.but on my timeline the play button stays greyed out and i cant select it.When i click drag on the materials preview box a little circle appears near my cursor,but that don't happen when i click drag on the animate preview box

ok... here's what I just did.

Opened up Swift3D, entered into the Lathe Editor, created the top half of a martini glass... as seen here and selected the Right 135 Degree Rotation animation preset.

I dragged that onto my "half martini" and got this... notice the animation nodes/keyframes in the animation timeline?

With the object still selected, I then hit the Animation button, turning it red, and then I could move the animation slide all over, or hit the play button... as seen here...

That's really it. Not much more to it. Object in viewport - make sure it's active, Swift3D also only renders the leftmost window - and that's pretty much it for the most part.

Sorry for the big screen images, usually I crop them and place them in the thread, but it's 7am here and I've yet to go to sleep. But I saw you posted, thought I'd try to clarify before I snooze for the rest of the day.

I think the problem is that I can't find a few tool bars.The edit tool bar seems to get cut off at the 'frame all objects' button,and the 'Trackball tools' and 'gallery Tools' do not show up at all even when i tick the view buttons on/off.I've not had this problem with other software programs i use. Thanx for your help so far

you have to be at least running 1024 x 768. I'm running only 1280x1024 and they're all visible. If you're running under that, I've seen some things get "smooshed" and moved around...