A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Vertical Image Pan

[F8] Vertical Image Pan

OK. I have modified the ActionScript in this file to create a vertical image pan onMouseMove. When you hover your mouse over the image, the image moves up and down, depending on mouse direction.

My issue is the contstrainedMove. The target constrains to the Stage.height. Now, since the MC is behind a mask, I would like to know how to constrain the MC to the mask as opposed to the Stage.height. In other words, when the pan runs successfully from the top to bottom (and vice-versa), the image MC should run flush to the mask (mask height), not the Stage.height.

I would also like to be able to plug and play this file to another .fla. Is it possible that this MC can run independantly from any constraints other than the mask that contains the MC? I can foresee issues with different Stage.heights being the target of the MC constraints, thus running the pan outside of its preferred visual location.

Example : vertical-image-pan.zip

Any takers?
    Last edited by Ciriaca; 09-28-2006 at 12:17 PM.

Also, is it possible to create the masked area to only contain the active content exclusively? I have noticed that the mouse activates the vertical scrolling outside the masked area, which can pose as a problem.

Once the mouse exits the mask, the scrolling should discontinue activity until it returns to the active area.

Any help is appreciated!