A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [MX04] Shape tweening an image

Reptile

[MX04] Shape tweening an image

Can anyone help/point in the right direction with this?

As a newbie, I've worked out how to do a shape tween, (fairly simple I know)

What I want to do now is a little more *****ious, (This is my first post, why can't I put in the word a-m-b-i-t-i-o-u-s, I did type it, not the sweary asterisk) I want a shape tween on an image(a .small .JPG).
    I want it to start at 100 x 200 pixels, then I want it to grow to 200 x 400 pixels.

I have managed this after a fashion, I used 2 images, one twice the size of the other, not great! I cannot seem to control the order that the animation runs, I want the image to start at default size, then 'morph' to double size, then shrink back to default size.

Does n.e wun have any ideas, know where to point me for more reading?

Any suggestions (nearly any!) gratefully accepted.

Reptile.

Island Boy
    u need to create a movieclip symbol out of the image and then resize the movieclip on the timeline. Use the motion tween for the movieclip
    Last edited by VI Knight; 10-05-2006 at 02:15 PM.

This can be done pretty simply.
    Start out in the keyframe for the original image, and then insert however many frames you need for the length of the transformation.
    Insert a keyframe, say, 15 or 30 frames down from the starting keyframe (The image should look the same in both keyframes.).
    Now, click on the keyframe 15 or 30 frames down from the original, click on the image, and either use the free transform tool to stretch it to the desired size or type in the desired size in the property inspector.
    Right click on one of the frames in between the two frames and click "Create motion tween."
    This will make the size of the image "morph" from small to large, and it will be slower or faster depending on the space you leave between keyframes.
    To make it its original size again, make a keyframe 15 or 30 frames down from the large version of the image, and in that keyframe transform the image back to its original size, and create a motion tween between each keyframe.

Hope that helps,
    A

Reptile

Newbie post

Thanks for the quick replies, I will try these suggestions over the weekend. If I have to post further, then the response to your help was Doh! I didn't get it. Thx